Underfloor-Air-Distribution System Helping Facility 'Go for the Gold'
- Rethinking Central Utility Plants. Schultz, Carl C. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Sep2009, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p6
The article discusses the development of alternative renewable energy sources for heating and cooling system in school campuses in the U.S. These campuses include the University of Ontario Institute of Technology, University of British Columbia Okanagan and the Richard Stockton College of New...
- A Review of Applied Methods of Using Solar Energy in Iranian Buildings. Forouzandeh, Aysan; Forouzandeh, R. // Journal of Civil Engineering & Architecture;2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p163
Solar energy is the radiant light and heat from the Sun that has been harnessed by human since ancient times. Also secondary solar resources such as wind and wave power, hydroelectric power and biomass account for most of the available renewable energy on Earth, which can be used by human....
- Save Your Energy. Max, Sarah // Money;Jan2006, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p102
The article offers suggestions on how to make a home more energy efficient. Highlights include advice on installing insulation, ways to cut heat and air conditioning bills with projects that cost less than $150, sealing tiny cracks and invisible gaps around doors and windows, the possibility of...
- We should all be on a power trip. Gething, Bill // Building Design;9/16/2005, Issue 1690, p19
Features views of the author on the use of alternative energy sources for buildings. Admiration of the author of the use of wind turbines to power buildings; Demand of new buildings of more energy consumption; Belief of the author of the need to make energy use and its production more apparent.
- Green on the Inside. HURLEY, KOLSON // Architect;Jan2009, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p20
The article offers information with regard to the incentive program for sustainable building and renewable energy made through the Division B of H.R. 1424. In order to qualify for the incentive, the owner must show that the building's interior lighting, envelope, or heating, ventilation and...
- Bruss to build sustainable center. // New Hampshire Business Review;1/6/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p43
The article reports that the construction firm Bruss Construction has been hired as construction manager of the Green Woodlands Sustainable Living Center in Lyme, New Hampshire. The project includes the construction of several buildings, a hydroelectric plant for the buildings and an...
- La CEHAT, a la cabeza de la aplicaciÃ³n de las energÃas renovables de la mano del IDAE. // Directivos ConstrucciÃ³n;May2011, Issue 244, p80
No abstract available.
- Â«El reto es lograr que los nuevos edificios no sean consumidores, sino productores de energÃaÂ». // Directivos ConstrucciÃ³n;Jun2010, Issue 234, p38
No abstract available.
- Air Barriers: A PROGRESSIVE SOLUTION. Anderson, Dale A.; Durston, Lee; Heron, Matt // Walls & Ceilings;Jun2012, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p22
The article discusses the use of air barriers as a progressive solution for achieving high-performance buildings in the U.S. Air barriers are now being required by the International Energy Conservation Code and several state energy codes in all new commercial construction and some residential...