ROLL YOUR OWN
- WAG THE DOG? Leitner, D. W. // Millimeter;Nov2003, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p69
Delves into the impact of digital technology to the creation, distribution, and consumption of media in the U.S. Use of various cameras for film production; Features of these cameras; Introduction of the Final Cut Pro version 4.0 NLE software from Apple Computer Inc.; Recommendations of the...
- NAB 2007. // Millimeter;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p30
The article presents several high-definition (HD) cameras used by the National Association of Broadcasters and provides information on its features. These include the 3CCD Sony XDCAM HD camcorders, AG-HPX500, and JVC's new 720/24p GY-HD200 with HZ-CA13U PL-mount adapter. AG-HPX500 costs 14,000...
- DIGITAL PORTRAITS. Calhoun, John // Lighting Dimensions;Nov2002, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p18
Focuses on the use of mini-digital video (DV) camera in shooting the motion picture 'Personal Velocity' in the U.S. Digital parameters of the camera; Sensitiveness of mini-DV camera in low-light situations; Affordability of camera.
- High-end/low-end. // Video Systems;Jul2003, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the aspects of moving picture production in the U.S. Use of digital camcorders and editors in feature film; Effect of video technology on the process filmmaking; Influence of video-trained shooters on the industry.
- Digital Sundance. Wisehart, Cynthia // Digital Content Producer;Feb2007, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p38
The article discusses the use of digital technology in the movies submitted by filmmakers at the Sundance Film Festival. The high definition video cameras offer much sophisticated video recording results. The author also reveals that the filmmakers at Sundance are more advanced about digital...
- HARSH ELEMENTS. Milano, Dominic // DV: Digital Video;Dec2006, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p4
The author provides an overview of the contents of the December 2006 issue of "DV." He discusses the stories and shooting of the film "Burning Man" and "TV Free Burning Man" in Iraq. The issue featured sections about the production and direction of the motion picture "Iraq in Fragment" and a...
- SR TAPE DI ALTERNATIVE. Ochiva, Dan // Millimeter;Aug/Sep2006, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the impact of the introduction of the 4:4:4 RGB HDCAM SR recorder of Sony. The release of the SR amazed the post industry with its high definition format. It was also more cost effective than the previous type, 2K. However, there is still some difficulty in integrating the...
- Panasonic AG-DVX100A. Braverman, Barry // Video Systems;Mar2004, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p29
Reviews the Panasonic DVX100 camcorder. Features of the camera; Advantages of using the camcorder; Problems encountered while using the camera.
- NEWSPAPERS CLAIM CINEWORLD STREVENAGE A HOTBED OF PIRACY. Slater, Jim // Cinema Technology;Mar2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on claims that half of all pirated movies in Great Britain are being copied at multi-screen cinema Cineworld complex in Stevenage, Herts, England. Reason behind the refusal of film distributors to provide advanced prints to the cinema; Efforts of staff at the multiplex to prevent...