PRODUCTION MEETS POST
- Tape-based editing lives on. // Broadcast Engineering;Sep98, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p36
Highlights the views of a television broadcasting industry expert and some vendors about the potential of tape-based editing. Trend toward digital and non-linear editing (NLE); Application of tape-based editing for news; Advantages of NLE; Tape as a good acquisition medium.
- THE WORKS. // Televisual;Sep2002, p68
Reports on developments relevant to the television broadcasting sector of Great Britain in September 2002. Television editing; Restoration device for film and video archives; Post-production facilities. INSET: IN BRIEF.
- CASE STUDY: DEAD RINGERS. // Televisual;Autumn2004 Supplement, p37
Focuses on the editing of the British television show "Dead Ringers". Approaches to editing required by the show's different kinds of video acquisition; Editing during filming.
- THE LE COMMISSION. // Televisual;Winter2004 Supplement, p27
Focuses on television programs in London, England. Script with the show on paper as a format; Importance of having proposal watertight for script editing; Inclusion of interactive applications, audience participation, web sites, and message boards on the proposal coverage.
- SHIRLEY CONFIDENTIAL. // Gay Community News;Jun2009, Issue 234, p10
An interview with model Glenda Gilson is presented. Gilson states that it is really nice to hear that there is something written online about her that may really be true. She says that she is in the studio editing segments for the programme "XposÃ© Live" and journeying to interview...
- Lights, camera... Oppenheimer, Jean // Hollywood Reporter;6/6/95, Vol. 337 Issue 28, pS-16
Describes the coordination of cinematography, sound and editing in television dramas. Unprecedented use of the Steadicam in the show `ER'; Intentionally shaky look in `NYPD Blue' filled with erratic pans and jump cuts; Cinema-verite look and feel of `Homicide'; Lighting; Sound challenges;...
- Showrunner's Got Game. LITTLETON, CYNTHIA // Variety;3/26/2013, Vol. 319 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on the renovation of the comedy show "The Game" by American television writer Mara Brock Akil for its sixth season in 2013.
- Reality Boom Elevates Editors. Hibberd, James // Television Week;10/18/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p1
Focuses on the impact of reality television series on experienced editors. Increase in the wage of editors; Promotion of editors; Effect of editor demands on the quality of a show.
- PSIP table editing. Dick, Brad // Broadcast Engineering;Jan2000, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p42
Offers a look at the sub systems in a Program and System Information Protocol (PSIP) editor. Description on the ATSC-PSIP signal; Functions of a PSIP table editor and injector; Two types of data verification. INSET: Program System Information Protocol, by Marvin Born.