FINAL CUTTING COLD MOUNTAIN
- 'Mountain' man married science with art. Stranger, Elliott // Daily Variety;2/13/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 34, pA1
Focuses on the works of film editor Walter Murch in the U.S. Nomination of the editor in the Academy Awards and the American Cinema Editors Eddie Awards for the movie "Cold Mountain"; Comment of Murch on the narrative structure of the film; Other movies edited by Murch. INSET: Murch's editing...
- COLD MOUNTAIN CASE STUDY. Cellini, Joe // Metro;Autumn2004, Issue 140, p159
Interviews film editor Walter Murch about the film "Cold Mountain." Partnership with director Anthony Minghella; Editing of the film in the absence of sound; Preference to stay away from the actual film shoot.
- Sound editors reel out pic noms. Hobbs, John // Daily Variety;2/11/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 52, p10
Reports on the 2001 nominees for the 49th Annual Golden Reel Awards of the Motion Picture Sound Editors organization.
- Drastic DDR. // TVB Europe;Jun97, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p56
Features Drastic Technologies' vd-0, a digital disk recorder for offline film editing, audio post production, display control and nonlinear playback.
- Shooting with Video. // BKSTS Journal;Sep1984, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p421
The article previews two courses on portable camera and tape editing techniques that will be held at the University of Warwick on October 26-28, 1984.
- The Kindest Cut. Kaplan, Ben // New York;12/3/2001, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p82
Previews the Master Class: The Art of Film Editing program, which deals with discussions about films and editing techniques.
- CLARIFICATION. // Televisual;Dec2007, p55
A correction to the news article "The Finish" that was published in the lead story in the November 2007 issue is presented.
- EDITFEST NY 2012 A SPLICE OF THE BIG APPLE. Gilchrist, Garrett // CinemaEditor;2012 3rd Quarter, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p22
The article discusses the 2012 EditFest New York (NY) held at the Directors Guild Theater in Manhattan, New York City on June 8-9, which featured film and television editors including Jeff Wolf, Milton Ginsberg, and Lance Edmands.
- Bigger shops not always better in effects, post biz. Argy, Stephanie // Variety;11/17/97 Supplement Los Angeles, Vol. 369 Issue 2, p39
Relates observations relevant to the conditions of film editing facilities in California. Competition of post-production facilities; Comparison between large and small post-production companies; Advantages of one-stop effects shopping; Investment implications.