The Evolving Role of Concept Artists Through Three Decades
- That elusive 'Sith' sense. // Daily Variety;3/16/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 56, p2
The article reports that the film "Star Wars " saga nears its faraway end. "Star Wars" premiered in 1977, but the film hit radars months before. Sociologists contrive explanations for such things, but it is as simple as a basic yearning to have something, however imperfect and inconsequential,...
- 'Clones' pick May 16 for global b.o. assault. Fuson, Brian // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/20/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 49, p79
Reports the opening of the motion picture 'Star Wars: Episode II--Attack of the Clones' by the 20th Century Fox and Lucasfilm in the U.S. and Canada. Date of the opening; Statement of Fox president, Bruce Snyder on the opening schedule; Features in the opening.
- FILM PRODUCTION CHART. // Daily Variety;7/1/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 65, p6
Presents a chart depicting motion picture production outside and inside the U.S. Art director; Executive producers; Casting.
- EDITORIAL. // Framework: The Journal of Cinema & Media;Spring79, Issue 10, p2
The author reflects on the analytical concern with present forms of dominant cinema that has been articulated more in Europe than in Britain or the US. The author believes that the debate on History/Production and Memory inaugurated in 1974 should have focused on mainstream, big budget films...
- POPULIST PREVIZ. Katz, S. D. // Millimeter;Nov2003, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p41
Delves into digital film design (DFD) and previsualization of a film's storyline. Categories of DFD; Features of the new previsualization program StoryBoard Lite; Advantages and disadvantages of using the FrameForge 3D Studio software; Future prospects of DFD and previsualization. INSET: MODEL...
- MODERN TRENDS IN ART DIRECTION. Morahan, M. J. // British Kinematography;Mar1951, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p76
The article presents information on the modern trends and approaches in motion picture art direction. The production design comes into play through color in films as the subject of a dramatic approach. Matching studio and location shots are also necessary. New trends in location interiors cover...
- COSTUMING 101. Power, Matthew // MovieMaker;Fall2007, Vol. 14 Issue 71, p58
The article discusses the strategy on how to create historical clothing, which will boost film production value in the U.S. It is stated that most period costuming can be accomplished by accessorizing modern clothing by either adding or removing some detail of the costume. It is inferred that...
- Make a Bad Story Better. Strickland, J. R. // Videomaker;Feb2015, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p52
The article discusses issues in film making, particularly on how to perfect the art of storytelling to improve the movie's overall impact. It claims that a good story can counter a film's bad production value. It also explains the story structure called the story arc, as well as the other...
- attack OF THE clones. Robertson, Barbara // Computer Graphics World;Jun2002, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the making of the film 'Star Wars Episode II.' Employment of more digital characters and environment on the film; Comparison of the animation time with episode one; Difficulty in simulating the clothes used by Yoda.