- Canada at the movies. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;1995, Vol. 60 Issue 4, About Canada p1
Focuses on the prospects of a feature film industry in Canada. How many movies Hollywood companies have made about Canada; How Canada has developed its own film industry; How viewers think of films; Government's involvement in the growth of the film industry in Canada; Canada's cultural models;...
- Show business. Finnigan, David // Hollywood Reporter;3/6/95, Vol. 336 Issue 14, NATO/Showwest Preview pS-1
Focuses on the yearlong film-exhibition centennial `100 Years of Movie Magic' at the 1995 NATO/ShoWest in Las Vegas, Nevada. Strengthening of the business relationship between exhibition and distribution; Need for the cooperation of movie theater owners; Comments from exhibition general chairman...
- Making Movies in Latin America. // Hemisphere: A Magazine of the Americas;Spring2003, Vol. 12, p10
Presents an overview of making movies in various states of Latin America. Existence of privatization in film production in Chile; Financier of feature films produced by the Film Division in Colombia; Efforts made by the Cuban Institute of Cinematic Art and Industry in bringing socio-economic...
- Oz pic honors multiply. Boland, Michaela // Variety;11/26/2001, Vol. 385 Issue 2, p66
States that the annual Australian Film Institute (AFI) Awards is gaining recognition from the broadcast media. Webcast of the 43rd AFI awards; Contenders for the 43rd awards.
- U.K. taps films for funding. Kemp, Stuart // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/24/2001, Vol. 369 Issue 13, p67
Discloses the British government-backed financing and strategy superbody, Film Council's plan to fund the development of individual projects. Film projects included in the funding list; Funding source.
- High price of peddling pix. DiOrio, Carl; Hayes, Dade // Variety;3/11/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 4, p11
Focuses on the marketing costs of ShoWest exhibition in Los Angeles, California. Decrease in average cost of the production of movies; Increase in promotional costs; Gains of admission rates.
- Women filmakers bloom across nation. Latif, Baharudin // Variety;8/22/94, Vol. 356 Issue 4, p34
Focuses on women filmmakers in Malaysia. Raja Azmi Raja Sulaiman, producer of `The Black Widow--The Face of Ayu'; Producers Wendy Wong and Nancie Foo as co-partners of director Eddie Pak in Production Seni 2020; British-trained Shuhaimi Baba, director of award-winning `Overcast.'
- SEEING RED IN CHINA. // Daily Variety;12/10/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 47, p36
Reports that U.S. film producers are pressuring Chinese authorities for a bigger share of box office grosses. Studio representatives' call for a renegotiation of revenue-sharing deals; Call being made by major film studios for distributor China Film Group to itemize its spending on advertising.
- New Edition of The BKSTS Wide-Screen and 3D Film Formats Poster. // Image Technology;Dec1987, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p516
The article presents an advertisement for the new edition of the wide-screen and three-dimensional film formats poster of the British Kinematograph, Sound and Television Society in Great Britain.
- NATO/ShoWest '89: List of Exhibitors. // Image Technology;Apr1989 Supplement, p43
The article lists the exhibitors during the National Association of Theater Owners/ShoWest conference and exhibition including Adam & Brooks, Inc., Advance Seating Inc., and Alpro Acoustics.