October College Sales Offered No Boost for Healthy Year-End Growth
- GAO paying more attention to tax issues. // Practical Accountant;Nov96, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p25
Focuses on reports published by the United States General Accounting Office concerning tax issues. `Earned Income Credit: Profile of Tax Year 1994 Credit Recipients' (GAO/GGD-96-122BR); `Tax Administration: IRS Is Improving Its Controls for Ensuring That Taxpayers Are Treated Properly'...
- ASB establishes planning group. // CPA Journal;Sep97, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p10
Focuses on the establishment of ASB Horizons Task Force by Auditing Standards Board (ASB) to form a strategic plan for ASB. Recommendations for expanded financial reporting model; `The Accounting Profession Major Issues: Progress and Concerns,' from the General Accounting Office (GAO); Issues...
- Only 13% of unpaid assessments are really collectible. // Practical Accountant;Jan99, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p37
Cites the United States General Accounting Office's report to the House Subcommittee on Government Management, Information and Technology, which noted that the Internal Revenue Service will likely collect only 13% of unpaid tax assessments. Composition of unpaid assessments balance; Contact...
- GAO suggests increased LIHC monitoring. Novogradac, Michael J.; Kroger, James R. // Journal of Property Management;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p16
Highlights the General Accounting Office (GAO) report on state of compliance among low-income housing tax credit (LIHC) properties. Types of non-compliance; Total of non-compliance reports in 1995; Way which non-compliance issues can be corrected.
- Individual accounts and social security reform. // Practical Accountant;Sep99, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p12
Announces the release of the report `Social Security Reform: Implementation Issues for Individual Accounts' prepared by the United States General Accounting Office. Tackling of questions on administrative and record-keeping responsibilities; Individuals' control on investment options;...
- TAB TOPS $4.5 BILLION: Congress looks into govt. food/commodity spending. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p1
Cites the report of the United States General Accounting Office which tabulated annual federal agency food and commodity expenditures. Number of regulations related to food and agriculture; Breakdown of spendings by agency.
- Report calls for more-accurate data. Hallam, Kristen // Modern Healthcare;08/17/98, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p14
Focuses on the report released by the United States (US) General Accounting Office (GAO) on hospital-related fraud investigations. Comments from Mary Grealy, general counsel for the American Hospital Association (AHA); Information on the case filed against the US Department of Health and Human...
- GAO clears PATH. Hallam, Kristen // Modern Healthcare;08/17/98, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p14
Focuses on the report released by the United States General Accounting Office on the federal investigation for Physicians at Teaching Hospitals (PATH). Brief overview on the PATH probe; Lawsuits filed against PATH; Other lawsuit involving PATH issues.
- How Effective Are `.08' Drunk-Driving Laws? // Consumers' Research Magazine;Aug99, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p26
Presents an excerpt from `Highway Safety: Effectiveness of State .08 Blood Alcohol Laws,' by the United States General Accounting Office. INSET: Five Bottles of Beer.