Harcourt Relocates Rigby to Steck-Vaughn HQ in Austin, Texas, But Retains the Independent Imprints
- Harcourt Textbook Business Doing 'Well,' Assessment Progressing. // Educational Marketer;11/26/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p1
The article discusses the financial success of Harcourt Inc., a U.S. textbook publisher. It states that according to parent company Reed Elsevier PLC, Harcourt's financial success is particularly due to its success in the secondary-school textbook segment. Specifically, the Holt, Rinehart &...
- Harcourt Sales Decline in 2003 Ahead of Anticipated Growth from New Products and Acquisitions. // Educational Marketer;3/1/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the decline in revenue at Harcourt Inc.'s U.S. school and testing businesses in Orlando, Florida. Percentage of decline in revenues; Reason for the decline of revenue; Investments of Reed Elsevier Inc.
- Q1 Indicates Positive Outlook for Rest of the Year. // Educational Marketer;5/14/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the economic outlook of educational publishers Pearson Education Inc. and Reed Elsevier PLC (RE) in London, England for the rest of 2007. Pearson and RE were inspired by favorable sales trends and continued to be encouraged about the year in education. Pearson expects an...
- From Textbooks to Tests, Educational Publishers Remain Upbeat About Growth for Rest of 2003. // Educational Marketer;5/12/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p1
Reports on growth forecast in the educational publishing industry for the rest of 2003 in the United States. Implications of the vagaries of the K-12 school funding situation; Revenue projection of McGraw-Hill Co. despite sluggish first-quarter K-12 revenue; Revenue growth projection of Pearson...
- K-12 Supplemental, Higher Education E-Learning Shows Improvement In First Half Of 2004. // Educational Marketer;8/16/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the financial results of educational publishing companies in the U.S. as of the first semester of 2004. Factors augmenting the profit growth of eCollege.com; Decline in the revenue incurred by Reed Elsevier PLC; Total profit generated by Haights Cross Communications Inc.
- Publishers Turn in Mixed Results in H1. // Educational Marketer;8/6/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of textbook publishers in the first quarter of 2007. Accordingly, among the major publishers who posted a positive growth are McGraw-Hill Education and Pearson Education Inc., which generated revenue of $979 million and $1.88 billion,...
- Reed Elsevier to sell its British papers. // Editor & Publisher;8/12/95, Vol. 128 Issue 32, p16
Reports on Reed Elsevier's plans to sell its regional newspapers in Great Britain. Other newspapers and assets to be sold.
- Harcourt Bats A Homer For New Parent Reed Elsevier in 2001. // Educational Marketer;3/4/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the increase in revenue of British-Dutch publishing company Reed Elsevier's Education Division in 2001.
- Sales, profits up at Reed Elsevier. Wheeler, Sara // Publishers Weekly;8/22/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 34, p12
Reports that media company Reed Elsevier plans to seek a New York Stock Exchange listing. Release of financial results for the first half of 1994; Pretax profits; Sales; Major acquisitions in 1993; Finalization of compensation terms with former co-chairman Peter Davis.