Sluggish Sales Move Art Book Publishers to Cast for Wider Audiences
- Activities and Publications. Stern, Jenny Seastone // Publishers Weekly;4/1/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 13, p45
Presents an update on promotional campaigns from U.S. publishers during Spring 2002. Information provided by the Web sites of the Children's Book Council and the Academy of American Poets; Poetry books released by HarperCollins; Recommended books from Harcourt and Penguin Putnam.
- Paperback Giveaways '84. // School Library Journal;Sep84, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p32
Features the 1984 promotional materials offered by paperback publishers for free. Ballantine/Del Ray/Fawcett; Bantam; Clarion.
- Spinning Single Copies At Interweave Press. Joukhadar, Kristina // Circulation Management;Mar2005, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p48
Features publishing company Interweave Press. Magazines marketed by the company; Comments from Jenny Valentine, single copy sales director at the company, on the growth of Interweave craft magazines; Important part of the low-cost magazine promotion program; Events offered by Interweave to its...
- Ten Ways to Get the Most Out of Promotions. RUTH, LINDA // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Dec2010, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p20
The article discusses ten ways that can help publishers in creating a coherent promotions strategy. As stated, one should use promotions money to promote editorially strong issues. One should spend money on channels that already show promise. Another way is to promote at point of sale on radio,...
- Irish Magazine Month launched by Irish Magazine Publishers. // Accountancy Ireland;Oct2007, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p95
The article provides information on the Irish Magazine Month held in October 2007. The event will showcase the vast range of Irish magazines produced by Irish magazine publishers. This initiative, which is designed to inform and educate consumers about Irish magazines, excite them and to drive...
- Chispas. // Free Press (Buda, TX);7/5/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p14
Presents news briefs in Texas as of July 2006. Visit of comedian Lewis Black to Plum Creek Golf Course; Release date for the annual Back-to-School edition of the "Free Press" for the Hays CISD; Marketing promotion for local libraries.
- Beijing Book Fair Postponed. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;5/12/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 19, p19
Focuses on the postponement of the annual Beijing International Book Fair in Beijing, China as of May 2003. Reason for the delay; Schedule of the resumption of the book fair; Impact of the delay on the domestic publishing business.
- Heartened Publishers Offer Promo Opportunities. // Successful Promotions;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p19
The article focuses on the promotional strategies used by magazine publishers to increase sales and get long-term subscriptions. Several magazines are offering promotional products such as "The New Yorker" which offers a free branded umbrella to those who subscribe for one year, "Wired" which...
- Study shows checkoff promotions help increase product sales. // Dairy Field;Nov96, Vol. 179 Issue 11, p6
Reports that checkoff promotion programs work to help increase dairy product sales on behalf of dairy farmers, according to the annual `Report to Congress on the National Dairy Promotion and Research Program,' authored by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA). Percent increases in dairy...