INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: INDUSTRIALS
- Group providers adjusting to SIIS reforms--like everyone else. Havas, Adrian // Las Vegas Business Press;2/27/95, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the privatization of the State Industrial Insurance System's (SIIS) aimed at stemming the system's losses. Adjustment of group health providers to reforms within the SIIS; Organized labor's dissatisfaction with managed care approach to workers' compensation.
- Some SIIS policy holders may get tax cut. // Las Vegas Business Press;12/22/97, Vol. 14 Issue 51, p9
Reports on the possible tax reduction in Las Vegas, Nevada-based employers insured with the State Industrial Insurance System (SIIS). Factors determining actual tax reduction; Impact of managed care on the reduction of SIIS claim costs.
- Muddy waters of liability. // Management Today;Jan96, p16
Focuses on insurance coverage for cleaning up industrially polluted lands in Great Britain. Pollution as a standard exclusion in all-risks policies; 1995 Environment Act; Comments from insurers and property developers.
- SIIS looking to simplify workers' comp. process. // Las Vegas Business Press;6/17/96 Supplement, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p17
Reports on the streamlining of the State Industrial Insurance System (SIIS). Cut down in number of care providers; Providers' response to the SIIS's streamlining; Reasons behind SIIS's decision to streamline; Impact of the development at SIIS on the competition.
- SIIS opens enrollment period. // Las Vegas Business Press;01/13/97, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p23
Reports on Las Vegas, Nevada-based State Industrial Insurance System's annual open enrollment period for its policy holders wanting to change managed care organizations through January 31, 1997.
- Age-related reductions in workers' life insurance. Miller, Michael A. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep85, Vol. 108 Issue 9, p29
Focuses on the rationale of age-related reduction in life insurance of workers in the U.S. Variation of benefit reduction effects; Impact of amendments on discrimination practices against workers; Formula on basic coverage plan.
- SIIS, policyholders to meet in Las Vegas. // Las Vegas Business Press;11/04/96, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p5
Announces the State Industrial Insurance System's (SIIS) holding of its annual policyholder conference for Las Vegas, Nevada-area employers. Focus on the state's workers' competitive compensation system; Provision of private insurance companies with worker's compensation starting 1999.
- The TNEC caused high anxiety in 1940. King, Carole // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;04/01/97 Supplement, Vol. 101 Issue 13, p73
Reports that chairman of the Temporary National Economic Committee Senator Joseph C. O'Mahoney urged the United States government in 1940, to take over industrial insurance and merge it with social security. How insurers reacted to O'Mahoney's request.
- Insurers must change to survive, experts say. Aldred, Carolyn // Business Insurance;11/1/93, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p79
Discusses the need for commercial insurers to follow stricter underwriting guidelines and to offer policyholders risk management assistance in order to survive. Recovering profitability; Affordability of premium increases; Reshaping conditions of industrial insurance; Protection of companies'...
- Nexstar Legacy Foundation Awards $60,000 in Scholarships. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Nov2013, Vol. 93 Issue 11, p20
The article announces that Nexstar Legacy Foundation, a group that provides scholarships in the home service industry, has given more than 60,000 dollars in scholarships for careers in plumbing, heating, cooling and electric industries and has helped veterans through its Troops to Trades program.