INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: HEALTHCARE
- A promising beginning. Taggart, Michael; Tarre, Howard // Employee Benefit News;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on consumer-driven health (CDH) plans, in which the capability of plan sponsors to influence behavior is shown. Argument raised by the proponents of CDH; Claim of CDH opponents; Changes under the CDH plans; Objectives considered in designing the plans.
- An irresistible force. Conn, Joseph // Modern Physician;Apr2003, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p13
Editorial. Comments on the universal medical coverage suggested by Heritage Foundation. Plan of Stuart Butler, vice president of domestic and economic policy studies of the foundation; Implications of his proposal for the U.S. healthcare systems.
- People are going back to basics. // Finance Week;03/30/2001, p35
Discusses the concern expressed by managers in health care on the widening gap between consumers and suppliers in South Africa. Rise in the cost of health care due to the growing number of middlemen; Solutions to the problem of fraud and over-servicing; Importance of educating patients on the...
- Scan. // AHA News;10/21/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 41, p2
Presents updates on health care issues in the U.S. as of October 21, 2002. Plans of the Hospitals Caterers' Association for the acquisition of the operating assets of Health Midwest in Kansas City; Call of governors to the U.S. Congress regarding the preservation of funds for the State...
- Raising our voices for the uninsured. Hunsaker, Susan // AHA News;3/24/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p4
Recognizes the need for health care insurance coverage for the uninsured in the U.S. Percentage of uninsured individuals in the working population; Effects of uninsured problems on hospital resources; Coping strategies of patients for the increasing health care costs.
- Jury still out on consumer-driven health care plans. Benko, Laura B. // Business Insurance;3/17/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p16
Focuses on consumer-driven health plans offered by companies in the U.S. to their employees. Ability of these plans to contain the nation's health care costs; Benefits of consumer-driven health plans to employees; Companies that are offering consumer-driven health care plans.
- Sources of Health Insurance and Characteristics of the Uninsured: Analysis of the March 2009 Current Population Survey. // Benefits Quarterly;2010 First Quarter, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p61
The article reviews the article "Sources of Health Insurance and Characteristics of the Unisured Analysis of the March 2009 Current Population Survey," by Paul Fronstin, which appeared in the journal "EBRI Issue Brief."
- Growing pains: A Canadian insurer's perspective on health care. Bonnett, Chris // Business Quarterly;Winter96, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p89
Discusses the health care environment in Canada from an insurer's perspective. Changing role of group health insurers; Government cost shifting; Challenges to change in the insurance sector; Accountabilities of health insurers in Canada.
- Alliance Initiative A Real Health Care Solution. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/6/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p4
No abstract available.
- Improved Financial Picture Has NOCH Looking Ahead. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/17/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p17
Reports on the plans of the North Ottawa Community Health System in Michigan to expand medical services in 2002. Financial position of the firm; Business recovery efforts; Markets served.