THE WALL STREET DIASPORA
- Good News For Wall Street. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/29/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 37, p7
Reports that the compensation for investment and commercial bankers employed in Wall Street can increase by 20% in the U.S. in 2003. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on investment dealers.
- Newcomer FIG Has Small Banks Covered. Boraks, David // American Banker;7/10/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 131, p20
A group of veteran bankers and traders has set up an Atlanta, Georgia, broker-dealer to supply a service they say is in short supply: trading and research for small banks. FIG Partners LLC opened for business Monday. A week earlier one of its principals, the banking analyst Christopher Marinac,...
- Chicago-area investment bankers. Lyon, Paula; Carriere, Rebecca // Crain's Chicago Business;12/30/96 Book of Lists, Vol. 19 Issue 53, p57
Presents statistics on investment bankers in the Chicago-area, Illinois, ranked by the number of banking professionals.
- Aviation bankers bolster financing efforts overseas. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/15/98, Vol. 64 Issue 24, p5
States that investment bankers in the aviation industry are increasing efforts to structure international deals. Information on a private placement from the Ansett Australia Limited; How securitization technology can help to offset corporate and sovereign credit risk; Details on collateral used...
- To stay in competition, banks must start training their own securities reps. Werlin, Paul A. // American Banker;5/29/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 102, p13
Opinion. Talks about the need of banks to train their own investment representatives to take advantage of the growth of the securities industry. Sources of majority of investment representatives; Two-pronged approach to recruiting by major firms; Need of banks to build their own educational...
- As CEOs hammered out deal, investment bankers stood idle. Elstein, Aaron // American Banker;4/8/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 66, p26
States that investment bankers have advised executives on matters of corporate secrecy. Information on investment bankers being left out in the Citicorp/Travelers Group deal; Why investment bankers were left out; Comments from Andrew M. Senchak, executive vice president at Keefe, Bruyette and...
- Jobhopping bankers still expect much, but may get less. Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/16/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 15, pN.PAG
Reports on expectations of investment bankers in the U.S. related to job remuneration. Bankers' expectation of higher paychecks for their; Reaction of the hiring banks to such expectations.
- Meet the New Breed Of Deal makers. Warner, Melanie // Fortune;2/17/1997, Vol. 135 Issue 3, p110
Presents brief profiles of investment bankers who are up and coming as of early 1997. What they are like as a group; George Boutros of Deutsch Morgan Grenfell Technology; Doug Braunstein and Jack Levy of Merrill Lynch; Brian Finn of First Boston; Steven `Mack' Heller of Goldman Sachs; Nancy...
- Capital connections for emerging firms. Evanson, David R. // Nation's Business;May95, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p67
Features the Regional Investment Bankers Association (RIBA) based in Charleston, South Carolina. Services for small business that need expansion capital; Amount raised by the organization for 1994; Comment by Steven Putnam, president of Robert Thomas Securities; Contact information.