Seats Filling At Energy Table
- Looking for energy funding? Proceed with caution. Cowan, Chris // Fort Worth Business Press;6/11/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p17
The article offers advice for energy companies seeking funding for their oil and gas operations. According to the author, companies are best served by finding a lender or investor that shares their business philosophy and caters to their market size. He states that the most stable source of...
- Dolphin to seek finance. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/3/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p25
This article reports on the plan of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates-based energy firm Dolphin Energy to invite banks in February 2006 for the financing of the Dolphin energy project. A range of funding options will be considered. Dolphin took out a second bridge financing of $3,450 million in...
- Barclays Pushing Into US Energy Trading. Terzo, Gerelyn // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/5/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 46, p9
The article reports that Barclays Capital Inc. has acquired the bulk of Duke Energy's North American portfolio of derivative contracts. The role of financial institutions in energy trading has increased due to their strong financial standing and energy companies withdrawing from this field....
- Banks Arrange $1.5B HY Package For Entergy. R. K. // High Yield Report;1/19/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p4
The article reports that a bank consortium, led by BNP Paribas, is arranging a $1.5 billion high yield debt package for New Orleans, Louisiana-based electric company Entergy that will be released to third-party investors. Other members of the consortium include Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, Bank of...
- Will markets lend a hand? Capper, Alan // Utility Week;11/22/2013, p20
The article reports that British energy markets will be requiring huge funds for new infrastructure, but it all depends on how favorable the credit markets will be in 2014. The government estimated that 110 billion pounds is needed to upgrade the infrastructure, which has always been regarded as...
- Blackout Excites Project Financiers, But... // High Yield Report;9/8/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p2
Discusses the interest of project financiers in the power sector in the U.S.
- Crisis Gives Spark to Alternative Energy Companies. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;7/2/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p4
Reports that California's continuing electricity crisis provides investment opportunities for alternative energy companies. Difference in the price of renewable and conventional fuels; Possible imposition of stricter emission standards for conventional fuels; Stock performance of alternative...
- Shuweihat bond indicates stronger investor appetite. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/7/2014, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p15
The article discusses the positive investor interest in the Gulf region, following the 825 million-dollar project bond issued for Abu Dhabi's Shuweihat S2 independent water and power project (IWPP) which was closed in July 2013.
- Investments in energy up despite freefall in prices. JACOBIUS, ARLEEN // Pensions & Investments;7/27/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 15, p1
The article focuses on the increase in the investments among the energy industry in the U.S. for 2015 with its investors including the Orange County Employees Retirement System.