- Stress the banking connection with joint-ventured new services. Kurz, Donald A. // ABA Banking Journal;Jun85, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p37
Presents guidelines for a bank to make successful joint-ventured on selling insurance or investment services. Installation of a training program; Establishment of a profit center; Integration of services information goals.
- Paying to Play In Vegas. Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/13/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 19, p10
Reports the plan for an open checkbook for gaming investment banking business. Integration of the purchases and payment of debt; Ways of obtaining the piece of the Le Reve deal; Role of superstar research analysts in helping banks win deals.
- New York area's largest investment banks. Cullen, Jennifer Felser; Bouillon, Nathalie // Crain's New York Business;1997 Book of Lists, Vol. 12 Issue 53, p10
Presents a list of the 20 largest investment banks in New York City, ranked by public debt and equity offerings.
- Fewer banks trying their luck with proprietary mutual funds. Talley, Karen // American Banker;4/28/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 80, p1
Reports on the decreasing number of banks entering into the investment management business beginning in the year 1992. Creation of propriety funds by Bremer Financial Corp.; Customers demands for investment options; Fierce competition among banks in the investment management business.
- Gran with a plan. Simon, Emma // Money Marketing;2/21/2013, p35
The author comments on investment advice being offered by banks to consumers in Great Britain.
- Investment-firm deals tangle banks' relationships. Elstein, Aaron // American Banker;10/1/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 189, p1
Reports on commercial and investment banks' re-examination of their business relationships in light of major banks' plans to buy investment banks such as Montgomery Securities. Need for investment bankers to put extra effort into maintaining relationships with commercial bank clients; Deals...
- Investment Banking & Securities Dealing (NAICS 52311). // World Industry & Market Outlook Report;2015, p1
Several charts on establishments, employment and sales totals for investment banking and securities dealing across 45 of the largest countries in the world in 2015, are presented.
- FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/10/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 43, p22
Presents statistics of investment banking trends as of November 3, 2003. Underwriting volume; Mergers and acquisitions.
- Thought leadership in investment banking:The beginning of a new era. Kauffman, Richard; Howcroft, Barry // Journal of Financial Services Marketing;Mar2003, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p214
The paper argues that although considerations such as industry consolidation, the role of lending and the effects of technology are still important in shaping the future of investment banking, sustainable competitive advantage necessitates that emphasis is also placed on thought leadership. This...