- Dancing with faceless men. James, David // BRW;May2003, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p52
Discusses the importance of maintaining investor confidence in extending the tenure of chief executive officers (CEO) in Australia. Effect of the capitalization of the stockmarket; Difference between a company's financial performance and the management of investor perception; Relationship...
- Bank One chief hopes investors will be patient. McNulty, Ian // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/02/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p1
Reports the expectations of Bank One Corp. Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon on bank investors in New Orleans, Louisiana. Details regarding the attitudes of investors; Comparison between local and regional market of Bank One in Texas; Impact of local ownership on the bank; Account of Bank One...
- Overpaid CEOs, poison pills blasted. Feinberg, Phyllis // Pensions & Investments;10/18/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p39
Reports on the 1999 meeting of the Council of Institutional Investors. Crystalreport.com Graef Crystal's list of chief executive officers who have not earned their salaries and stock options; Focus on developments related to the investment management industry.
- CEO performance ranks as major concern of investors around the world. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/2/2001-7/16/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the result of the Russel Reynolds Associates' annual survey of institutional investors. Identification of a company's financial performance as most important factors influencing investment decisions; Focus on chief executive officer turnover, succession and severance packages;...
- Focus is key for entrepreneurs. Lopez, Daniel // New Media Age;7/11/2002, p9
Examines the characteristics that a chief executive officer (CEO) must possess in order to be successful. Traits that venture capitalists are looking for in a CEO; Significance of the virtue of vision; Consequences of the absence of focus.
- THE NEW FACE OF CONFIDENCE. Buchanan, Leigh // Inc.;Feb2003, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p58
Argues that business leaders in the U.S. are better positioned in 2003 to make smart calculations about growth and strategy. Confidence gained by chief executive officers after surviving the crises that hit the country's economy in 2001; Corporate scandals that have affected the market;...
- INVESTORS' RESPONSE TO THE APPOINTMENT OF A NEW CEO: THE EFFECT OF PRESTIGE. Hernsberger, Joshua // Summer Internet Proceedings;2015, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p68
On the day that JC Penny announced Ron Johnson, an executive at Apple, as its new CEO the stock rose by 17.5%. The day Meg Whitman, the former CEO of eBay, was announced as the new CEO of Hewlett-Packard the stock fell by 2%. Clearly, executive succession can have a significant influence on a...
- How CEOs Can Best Manage Their Boards. Useem, Michael // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;12/9/2014, p2
The article suggests a four-point plan for chief executive officers (CEO) to best manage their corporate boards that include building credibility with investors and employees, recruiting able directors, board restructuring, and director evaluation.
- Hitting the glass floor. // European Business Forum;Winter2005, Issue 20, p73
Deals with the reaction of investors to the appointment of a woman as CEO of a listed company. Impact of women CEO on share prices; Creation by CEO appointments of uncertainty for investors; Visibility of female CEO.