Prevent Drunk Driving
- Breathalyser needed in France. // Truck & Driver;Jul2012, p8
The article reports on the call for drivers traveling through France to carry breathalyzer in their vehicles as French authorities attempt to prevent drink-driving.
- Alcohol monitor tests sobriety without stopping vehicle. Bennison, Gail // Fort Worth Business Press;11/9/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p12
Reports on the University of Texas at Arlington's development of a simulated alcohol monitor which is capable of checking the blood alcohol levels of motorists by pointing a radar-like gun at passing vehicles. Description of the simulated sensor; Assessment of the performance of the sensor.
- Law tightened on breath test refusals. // Irish Motor Management;Nov/Dec2006, p22
The article reports on the steps taken by the Road Safety Authority (RSA) of Ireland over concerns on drivers who refuse to provide breath test samples. RSA has been in contact with the Department of Transportation regarding the typographical error on the Mandatory Alcohol Testing legislation...
- Last Call. Teigen, Anne; Savage, Melissa // State Legislatures;Dec2009, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p26
The article discusses the use of technology in preventing alcohol-related traffic accidents in the U.S. According to the author, the number of fatalities resulting from drunk driving has declined partly due to public education campaigns and state laws penalizing drunken drivers. Today, drunk...
- Key to stop drink-drivers. // Engineer (00137758);7/9/2004, Vol. 293 Issue 7655, p14
Reports on the development of a miniature key fob breathalyzer that would prevent drivers over the drink-driving limit from starting their car. SAAB AB's evaluation of the device called Alcokey in response to concerns among operators of large vehicle fleets; Adaptation of existing anti-theft...
- Drink driving figures are cause for concern. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Mar2009, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p12
The article looks at the statistics for the number of drivers who failed breath tests during the 2008 Christmas period. The Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) announced that an 11 percent increase in drivers under 25 who failed breath tests in contrast to the previous year. In response,...
- Integrated Drunken Driving Prevention System. Ramanath, T. Shyam; Sudharsan, A.; Kavitha, A. // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;Feb2011, Issue 50, p830
No abstract available.
- Justice Solutions: The South Dakota 24/7 Sobriety Program. Leidholt, Mike; Jackley, Marty J.; Talpins, Stephen K. // Sheriff;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses the 24/7 Sobriety Program developed and implemented by South Dakota Attorney General Larry Long and South Dakota sheriffs to address drunk driving problems. It states that the program has been significant in keeping alcohol-related offenders sober and changing their...
- REDUCTION IN DRINKING DRIVING. Breitenfeld, Darko; Jagetić, Nada; Zoriš7#x0107;, Zoran // Alcoholism: Journal on Alcoholism & Related Addictions;2008 Supplement 1, Vol. 44, p16
The report states the importance of sober driving as a general recommendation, especially for young drivers and professionals. It is also about dangers of fatalities under the influence of alcohol (the higher the promiles, the greater risk) and the necessity of unrestricted powers to alcohol...