Prevent Drunk Driving
- Breathalyser needed in France. // Truck & Driver;Jul2012, p8
The article reports on the call for drivers traveling through France to carry breathalyzer in their vehicles as French authorities attempt to prevent drink-driving.
- Alcohol monitor tests sobriety without stopping vehicle. Bennison, Gail // Fort Worth Business Press;11/9/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p12
Reports on the University of Texas at Arlington's development of a simulated alcohol monitor which is capable of checking the blood alcohol levels of motorists by pointing a radar-like gun at passing vehicles. Description of the simulated sensor; Assessment of the performance of the sensor.
- Last Call. Teigen, Anne; Savage, Melissa // State Legislatures;Dec2009, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p26
The article discusses the use of technology in preventing alcohol-related traffic accidents in the U.S. According to the author, the number of fatalities resulting from drunk driving has declined partly due to public education campaigns and state laws penalizing drunken drivers. Today, drunk...
- Key to stop drink-drivers. // Engineer (00137758);7/9/2004, Vol. 293 Issue 7655, p14
Reports on the development of a miniature key fob breathalyzer that would prevent drivers over the drink-driving limit from starting their car. SAAB AB's evaluation of the device called Alcokey in response to concerns among operators of large vehicle fleets; Adaptation of existing anti-theft...
- Toyota tries breathalzer on trucks. Greimel, Hans // Automotive News;9/7/2009, Vol. 84 Issue 6376, p6
The article reports that Toyota Motor Corp. has started testing of a breathalyzer that is mounted on the instrument panel and locks a truck's ignition if it detects the driver has had too much to drink. The road tests involve 30 commercial vehicles. Bunji Atsumi, the engineer who worked for two...
- Drink driving figures are cause for concern. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Mar2009, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p12
The article looks at the statistics for the number of drivers who failed breath tests during the 2008 Christmas period. The Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) announced that an 11 percent increase in drivers under 25 who failed breath tests in contrast to the previous year. In response,...
- A Paradigm Shift on First-Time Drunk Drivers. Kerrigan, Heather // Governing;Jan2011, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p40
The article discusses the implementation of Breath Alcohol Ignition Interlock Device (BAIID) program in Illinois. It says that the program started in 1994 and focused on repeat offenders of driving-under-the-influence (DUI) to ensure the safety of the drivers and to change the response of the...
- Integrated Drunken Driving Prevention System. Ramanath, T. Shyam; Sudharsan, A.; Kavitha, A. // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;Feb2011, Issue 50, p830
No abstract available.
- Police deal aids drink-driving purge. Whitehouse, Cara // Supply Management;12/16/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p7
Reports on the anti-drunk driving campaign of police in the southwest of England during the Christmas season of 2004. Consortium of constabularies that purchased 1,365 handheld breathalyzer machines; Collaborative procurement deal for the equipment; Benefits of the procurement agreement.