Drilling and blasting techniques course offered
- Socioengineering. Augustine, Norman R. // Vital Speeches of the Day;1/1/94, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p184
Presents speech by the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Martin Marietta Corporation, given before the University of Colorado's Engineering Centennial Convocation, dealing with the issue of the ingredients of an engineering education for the 21st century. Emphasis on the basics;...
- Project work. // Professional Engineering;05/14/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p4
Reports that the National Engineering Laboratory is asking the British engineering industry to submit proposed projects for its Postgraduate Training Partnerships.
- Degree gives business acumen. // Professional Engineering;07/09/97, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p9
Reports on the development of a masters degree in Great Britain designed to give engineers the business skills they need to make it into top management. Universities involved in the development effort.
- Lifelong learning for engineers: Riding the whirlwind. Smerdon, Ernest T. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Jan1997, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p80
Discusses the workshop on `Career-Long Education for Engineers,' held by the National Academy of Engineering on June 27-28, 1996. Challenges facing engineers and how best to meet them; Need for engineers to become `lifelong learners'; Discussion on the general policies; Need to develop a culture...
- Engineers learn to manage. Wyman, Vic // Professional Engineering;01/29/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p37
Reports on the benefits of a tailor-made engineering management course for engineers in Great Britain. Development of new skills; Promotion in employment; Update on new technology and business practices. INSET: Engineers give their verdict..
- The Future Trend of Continuing Education. Chen, Mark T. // Cost Engineering;Jun2002, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p8
Discusses the trend of distance learning in continuing education in the engineering profession. Details on the distance learning process in the education; Methods of the validation process in assessing distance learning programs.
- Engineers continue to grapple with continuing education. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/24/94, Vol. 232 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the requirement for engineers to update their knowledge and skill levels annually to keep their licenses. National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) policy; Program for continuing education.
- Should a master's program include an internship? Chang, Milton // Laser Focus World;Nov2002, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p67
Presents a question and answer advisory related to business. Usefulness of incorporating an internship into a masters' degree engineering program; Importance of education for engineer immigrants in Germany; Introduction of a sophisticated laser entertainment product in the U.S.
- DATA BYTES. // ASEE Prism;Dec2010, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p22
The article presents a report revealing the increasing rate of bachelor's degree for energy-related engineering courses since 2001 in the U.S. including petroleum engineering, nuclear engineering and mining engineering.