Increase in sewer water funds in 1998
- Cities awarded EPA grants. // Underground Construction;Jul2010, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has given various cities in the country grant funds intended for overhauling their sewer systems.
- PRASA Will Spend More Than $1.5B in Settlement With Justice, EPA. Hume, Lynn // Bondbuyer.com;9/15/2015, p1
The Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority has reached a tentative settlement with the U.S. Justice Department and Environmental Protection Authority under which it will spend $1.5 billion to upgrade and improve its sewer systems island-wide, as well as the Puerto Nuevo system.
- EDITOR'S LOG: One Voice. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Mar2012, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p4
The article offers the author's insights on the federal funding of the U.S. sewer and water infrastructure. The author says that sewer and water infrastructure continues to decrease its funding as President Barack Obama proposed budget cuts for 2013 with seven percent cuts from the Environmental...
- EBDCs: Back on the (food) chain gang. Damsker, Matt // Organic Gardening (08973792);May/Jun92, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p16
Outlines how the US Environmental Protection Agency has reversed an earlier proposal to ban the use of controversial fungicides known as EBDCs. What the products such as mancozeb, maneb, and metiram can still be used on; What crops are off-limits; Mancozeb banned completely from home gardens...
- EPA takes an OG kinda turn. Damsker, Matt; McGrath, Mike // Organic Gardening (08973792);Nov92, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p14
Offers a look at the words that led off a recent press release outlining what appears to be a major new direction for the oft-criticized government agency charged with protecting the environment. How the EPA recognizes that even the legal use of some pesticides may pose potential risk to public...
- Characteristics of the U.S. EPA's Office of Pesticide Programs' toxicity information databases Stack, H. F.; Quest, J. A.; Dearfield, K. L.; Waters, M.D. M. D. Waters; Whiting, R. J. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Dec1991, Vol. 96, p53
No abstract available.
- Don't smoke the water. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/17/93, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p34
States the US Environmental Protection Agency has lowered its toxicity benchmark on carcinogens to enable a claim that 3,000 hypothetical Americans die each year of cancer from inhaling other people's smoke. However, if the lowered benchmark is applied to other products, people are also at risk...
- Environmental Protection Agency Summary. // Congressional Digest;Feb1989, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p37
Presents excerpts from an EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) 1988 publication: `Environmental Progress and Challenges.'
- You get a gun, a badge, a cool uniform, and the authority... // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jan1994, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p7
Looks at the position of Special Agent of the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Criminal Investigation Division. Qualifications for becoming an agent; Telephone number for more information.