Houston public works director addresses GCTA
- Houston Director Outlines Sewer/Water Highlights, plans. Read, Traci // Underground Construction;Feb2006, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that Michael Marcotte, director of the Public Works and Engineering Department of Houston, Texas, presented his views about the most notable accomplishments of the department in 2005 at the monthly meeting sponsored by the Gulf Coast Trenchless Association. The accomplishment...
- Houston Looking For More Bidders. // Underground Construction;May2012, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that the Houston, Texas Department of Public Works and Engineering is looking for more contractors to handle the city's aging infrastructure.
- City Awards Contract for On-going Pipe Repairs. // WaterWorld;Apr2001, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p30
Reports the awarding of a government contract to Instituform Technologies by the Houston Department of Public Works and Engineering in Texas. Performance of routine maintenance and energy pipe repairs of the city; Use of the Instituform process in repairing pipes; Identification of the amount...
- City official gets award. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Nov96, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p6
Reports that Jimmie Schindewolf, director of Houston, Texas Public Works and Engineering, received the Presidential Citation Award in Washington D.C. for his part in creating a money-saving training center in Houston. center as the E.B. Cape Center for Public Works Excellence.
- Drought Brings Challenges To City Water Departments. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;May2012, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p54
The article focuses on the effects of the drought on the underground utility infrastructure of the Houston Public Works and Engineering Department in Texas in 2012. Department senior staff analyst Alvin Wright says that there 17,800 water line breaks in 2011. It mentions that asbestos/cement...