Does anybody remember the real Reagan?
- Let's Spin One for the Gipper. Poniewozik, James // Time;11/17/2003, Vol. 162 Issue 20, p140
Asserts that the controversy over the CBS miniseries "The Reagans," was about power, not bias or censorship. Comment that Republicans and conservatives reacted without even seeing the actual script or show; Characterization of the series as entertainment, not historical fact; Actual reasons...
- Better Late Than Never. // Progressive;Jan89, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p9
Presents a U.S. White House report that President Ronald Reagan proclaimed on November 1, 1989 the month of October as National AIDS Awareness and Prevention Month.
- The real outrage over Reagan. Rosen, Hilary // Daily Variety;10/29/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on the Republican reaction on the miniseries 'The Reagans' in the U.S. Portrayal of former president Ronald Reagan by actor James Brolin; Outrage centered on the scenes highlighting Reagan's disregard for people with AIDS; Legacy of the former president depicted in the program.
- The New Fairness Doctrine. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/10/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 45, p40
Focuses on the statement given by Les Moonves to support the decision of his U.S. broadcasting firm CBS Inc. to cancel the television miniseries "The Reagans." Discussion of the fairness doctrine; Criticism on the decision by the supporters of the miniseries; Contribution of former President...
- STUART ELLIOTT IN AMERICA. Elliott, Stuart // Campaign (UK);11/21/2003, Issue 47, p22
The article focuses on the show "The Reagans," a four-hour mini-series which dramatizes the lives of the former U.S. President Ronald Reagan and First Lady, which CBS was to have presented in two parts on November 16 and November 18, 2003. Instead, after an intensive pressure campaign against...
- Showtime's Reagan Fantasy. Chavez, Linda // Human Events;12/15/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 43, p17
Comments on the first episode of the television program "The Reagans," by premium cable channel Showtime. Panel discussion aired to offer views about the program; Portrayal made by the program on former U.S. president Ronald Reagan; Theme of the program.
- CBS Forgets to Tell the Truth. Reagan, Michael // Human Events;11/3/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 38, p1
Criticizes the portrayal of former U.S. President Ronald Reagan as having no sympathy for AIDS victim highlighted in a two-part miniseries "The Reagans" from CBS. Overview of the accomplishments of Reagan during his term; Objectives of airing the miniseries; Accomplishments of Reagan during his...
- Where's Dan Rather? Buchanan, Patrick J. // Human Events;11/3/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 38, p1
Provides information on the two-part miniseries "The Reagans" depicting the life of former U.S. President Ronald Reagan. Overview of the accomplishments of Reagan during his term; Objectives of the miniseries.
- 'The Reagans': Facing the Music. Johnson, Ted // Variety;10/6/2003 Supplement, Vol. 392 Issue 8, p82
Provides information on the television show "The Reagans," which is scheduled to be aired on CBS in the U.S. in November 2003. Concept of the show; Possible reaction of Ronald Reagan loyalists to the miniseries; Remarks from Michael Reagan, eldest son of Ronald, on the show.