THE DEWEY-BERRY FEUD
- The Dewey-Berry feud featured guns manufactured by Colt, Smith & Wesson, Winchester and Savage. Faber, Dinah // Wild West;Oct2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p58
Examines the firearms used in the shooting at the Alpheaus Berry farmyard in northwest Kansas on June 3, 1903 that resulted to the death of Daniel, Alpheaus and Burch Berry. Firearms allegedly used in the shooting; Evidence that Chauncey Dewey owned one of the revolvers used in the shooting;...
- HOW I ESCAPED BEING KILLED IN A DUEL. Twain, Mark // Saturday Evening Post;Jul/Aug1976, Vol. 248 Issue 5, p36
Presents an article on the experiences of the author visiting the western U.S. Practice for a shooting game; Quarrel between George L. Roderick and R. Wilson; Criticism of an unsanitary restaurant where turkey was for lunch.
- Battle of Titans looms on expanded FHA. Prakash, Snigdha // American Banker;3/12/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 48, p10
Reports on the effects of the Clinton Administration regarding the conflict between two democratic heavyweights regarding the expansion of the Federal Housing administration's (FHA) mortgage insurance program. Names of and information on these individuals; Reasons for this conflict;...
- Other couples' fights. // Glamour;Sep93, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p158
Gives advice on how to handle witnessing other couples' fights. Advice by Laurie Schloff and Marcia Yudkin, authors of `He and She Talk: How to Communicate with the Opposite Sex'; Staying out of the quarrel; Making a joke out of it; Leaving; Checking the outcome the next day.
- Value line settlement. // Crain's New York Business;12/02/96, Vol. 12 Issue 49, p46
Reports that the dispute which requires the twins who own 80 percent of Value Line Incorporated to buy out the interests of Arnold Van Hoven Bernhard, has been settled. Circumstances surrounding the dispute.
- U.S. JOURNAL: CENTER JUNCTION, IOWA: JIM, TEX, AND THE ONE-ARMED MAN. Trillin, Calvin // New Yorker;2/20/1971, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p100
The article discusses the story of Jim Berry, who came to Center Junction in 1962, then he met Tex Yarborough around June of 1969. One afternoon, Jim and Tex spent a time drinking with the one-armed man named Jim Leonard. At the front door, Tex shouted that he wants the one hundred dollar bill...
- DISPUTE OVER NOISE LED TO SHOOTING. // Noise Notes;Jan2007, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p46
The article reports on the ground of the death of a 45-year-old shooting victim in the doorway of an apartment complex at 3500 block of East Second Street in Tucson, Arizona on June 22, 2006. Police officer Decio Hopffer states that the victim and a 57-year-old man who both lived at the complex...
- PEOPLE: JMW Solicitors. // Fund Strategy;9/14/2010, p14
The article announces that Daniel Berry was appointed solicitor at JMW Solicitors LLP.
- CEO INSTITUTE SCHOLARSHIPS. // Credit Union Management;Apr2007, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p74
The article reports that Chief Executive Officers (CEO) Daniel Berry, Jon Hernandez and Brad Houle have been named winners of scholarships for CUES' 2007 CEO Institute program in the U.S. Berry of Duke University Federal Credit Union believed that accepting the scholarship would help him improve...