South Florida Councils Host Brazilian Training Ship
- FROM THE NAVIES. // Naval Forces;2014, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p78
Several letters to the editor are presented related to topics including first related to acquisition of new submarines and their adequate manning, second related to the Seahawk helicopters in the Brazilian Navy, and the last Indonesian Navy received guided missile frigates.
- THE LONG WAY FROM SECOND-HAND TO NEW-CONSTRUCTION ASSETS. Higuera, José // Naval Forces;2012, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p70
The article presents information on new construction programmes of naval fleets in South America. The South American nations including Brazil, Chile, and Colombia have commenced their new-construction programmes which include submarines, frigates, and ocean-going patrols. The Brazil Navy has...
- Brazil Picks DCNS for Sub Programs. // Sea Power;Mar2009, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p52
The article reports that a contract has been awarded to French company Direction des Constructions Navales Services (DCNS) by the Brazilian Navy to form a joint venture to build the ScorpÃ¨ne submarine design in Brazil. It mentions that DCNS will work with its Brazilian partner, Norberto...
- COMBAT FLEETS. Baker III, A. D. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Sep2000, Vol. 126 Issue 9, p92
Focuses on various naval combat fleets of the world. Information on the Brazilian naval cadet sail training ship Cisne Branco; Technological features of the U.S. Navy's coastal patrol boats Shamal, Tornado and Cyclone; Changes made to its frigates by the Royal Navy of Great Britain.
- Lockheed Martin Gets $35 Million Contract For Brazilian Submarine Mod Effort. // Defense Daily International;2/1/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that Lockheed Martin has been awarded a foreign military sale contract for $35 million to deliver advanced, open-architecture combat systems to modernize four Tupi-class submarines, one Tikuna-class submarine and one shore-based trainer system for the Brazilian navy. Under a...
- AmÃ©rica del Sur: SituaciÃ³n de las Fuerzas Navales. Higuera, José // Tecnologia Militar;2014, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p20
No abstract available.
- Australia Begins Design Activities for Future Submarine. // Sea Power;Dec2016, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p48
The article offers news briefs related to the navies. The Australian government has signed a contract with arms industry group DCNS to start the design phase for the Royal Australian Navy's Future Submarine Program. Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has approved a deal to acquire two vessels...
- SOUTH-SOUTH CO-OPERATION AND THE SECURITY AND STABILITY CHALLENGES FACING THE SOUTH ATLANTIC--A BRAZILIAN VIEW. // Naval Forces;Aug2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p54
Profiles the capability of Brazilian navy. Cooperation on security between South Africa and Brazil; Participation of Brazil in the First World War against Germany; Alignment of foreign policy with the U.S. INSET: Exercise ATLASUR V--South America vs South..., by Lisa Hendricks.
- Indonesian Sub Contract Includes Plan to Build One Unit in Country. // Sea Power;Mar2012, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p46
The article offers news briefs related to seapower contracts as of March 2012. The $1.1 billion Type 209 submarine construction contract was won by Daewoo Shipbuilding Marine and Engineering (DSME) of South Korea. A final contract for the finance of the research and development of the anti-ship...