Channel Island Members Hear Insider's View of Iraqi War
- Ventura County Star Charts a Multimedia Course. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;1/11/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses the transformation of the "Ventura County Star," from printed newspaper into a Web-centric news organization. Accordingly, the transformation began when Joe Howry proposed to his publisher a training program wherein groups of eight people from the newsroom would take six...
- Calif. daily buys site for new facility. // Editor & Publisher;7/20/96, Vol. 129 Issue 29, p22
Reports on California-based `Ventura County Star' daily newspaper's purchase of 12 acres of industrial land in Camarillo. Plans to construct a production facility at the site.
- EAGER READERS RIDE SHOTGUN. Noack, David // Editor & Publisher;09/11/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 37, p40
Discusses the efforts of the 'Ventura County Star' newspaper in Ventura County, California, to reward its readers. Contest to reward contributors to the paper's 75th-anniversary special section; Prize for winning readers.
- Carrier denied back wages. // Editor & Publisher;02/08/97, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on the California Labor Commissioner's ruling denying a carrier's claim of back wages after the `Ventura County Star' newspaper terminated its contractor agreement with him. Newspaper's argument that the California Wage and Hour Act failed to apply to newspaper carriers because they are...
- Spelling Bee Brouhaha. SerVaas, Joan // Saturday Evening Post;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 282 Issue 1, p61
The article discusses circumstances surrounding a $2 million lawsuit filed by the father of Gavin McDonald of Ventura County, California against the "Ventura County Star" newspaper, contesting the results of a spelling bee sponsored by the publication. McDonald argued that his son should have...
- The Lower Case. // Columbia Journalism Review;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p15
Several 2013 news article headlines are presented which offer examples of incorrect title capitalization, including article titles from California's "Ventura County Star" newspaper, Iowa's "Des Moines Register" newspaper, and the online news publication "Talking Points Memo."
- Follow-up on plant projects east and west. Rosenberg, Jim // Editor & Publisher;04/18/98, Vol. 131 Issue 16, p70
Reports on newspaper printing plant projects in the United States. Construction of production plant by Patriot-News Co.; Delays in start of construction; Problems in putting up printing plant of `Ventura County Star' newspaper; Description of proposed printing plants.
- A Note from the President. Gray, Harry B. // Journal of Biological Inorganic Chemistry;May2003, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p594
Presents an update of the Society of Biological Inorganic Chemistry in the U.S. Information about the registration on the lectures for the society; Receipts of the ICBIC-11 Newsflash; Discussion on science in Cairns.
- The Business of Journalism: A View from the Frontline. BARBER, LIONEL // Vital Speeches of the Day;Apr2011, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p150
The article presents the speech "The Business of Journalism: A View from the Frontline: 'A Whole World Out There to Be Explored,'" delivered by "Financial Times" newspaper editor Lionel Barber as the London College of Communication's Hugh Cudlipp Lecture on January 31, 2011 in London, England,...