Carson City Members Attend High-Level USMC Change of Command
- TRIBUTE FOR SLAIN NEW YORK CITY COUNCILMAN. // Jet;9/8/2003, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p12
Highlights the ceremonial tribute for slain city councilman James E. Davis in New York's City Hall in 2003. Details of the shooting of Davis; Passage of a resolution against violence in the workplace.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Anderson Sr., Richard; Bowman, Orlando D.; Peaches, Daniel; Glemba, Audrey; Tsosie, Leonard; Johnson, Caleb H.; Albers, Thomas // Navajo Times;3/11/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 10, pA.6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to issues including one on the significance of holding a traditional warding off evil ceremony to reconcile leaders and council chamber members, one on asking in-depth questions to political candidates, and one on referendum votes of Navajo...
- Duty and Dignity. Brodsky, Robert // Government Executive;May2009, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p7
The article explores the unique role of the U.S. Marine Corps' Mortuary Affairs unit to recover, process and deliver fallen soldiers to their families, and other agencies who also take up similar jobs. Benjamin Lichtenwalner and Ryan Sawyer run Biotrauma Inc., a Georgia-based company, which...
- JFK's marines. Miller, John G. // Naval History;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p27
Recalls the United States Marine Corps' involvement in the state funeral ceremony for assassinated President John F. Kennedy in Washington, D.C. Kennedy's relationship with the Marines; Challenges faced by the service in organizing for the funeral.
- REGION CALENDAR. // Navajo Times;11/5/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 44, pC.6
A calendar of events from November 6, 2009 to December 17, 2009 is presented including a ceremony hosted by the city of Farmington and Medal of Honor Memorial Committee on November 7, 2009 in New Mexico, the celebration of Marine Corps of its 234th birthday at KC Hall on November 10, 2009 in...
- Good Soldier, Good Father Killed in Iraq. // America;3/12/2007, Vol. 196 Issue 9, p7
The article reports that Lt. Col. Joseph Trane McCloud who was in the 3rd U.S. Marine Corp Regiment was killed on December 3, 2006 in a helicopter crash in Al Anbar province in western Iraq. It is reported that the Lt. Col. was also a great father and had spent the day with his three children...
- Term limits: Palliative or panacea? Hansell, Bill // Public Management (00333611);May94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on the challenges posed by term limits for council members. Right of the people to choose anyone to serve them; Criticism against term limits.
- A closer look at the job that served as the stepping stone for most of our modern mayors. Laborde, Errol // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/10/94, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p5
Opinion. Reviews the potential candidates for at-large council seats in New Orleans, Louisiana. Council membership as a stepping stone for city mayors; Confusing politics of councilmen election.
- Casino expert: Detroit City Council's study is flawed. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;5/20/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p34
Reports the demands of the Detroit City Council for the casino development agreements in Michigan. Problem encountered by casino operators; Competition between American Indian and Canadian casinos; Tax contributions of casino operators.