MH-60S Helicopter Passes Navy Operational Evaluation
- News. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/17/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 25, p23
Reports on the United States Navy's issuance of a precautionary grounding of its fleet of Sikorsky CH-53E and MH-53E helicopters. Concerns about aircraft's swashplate suplex bearing assembly in light of the crash of a CH-53E in Connecticut on May 9, 1996; Development of inspection procedures...
- Sikorsky Aircraft. // AirGuide Business;1/4/2010, p2
The article reports on the initiative of the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration to issue an airworthiness directive for the Sikorsky S-92A helicopter.
- Navy helo goals hinge on CH-60 demonstrator. Kandebo, Stanley W. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/28/1996, Vol. 145 Issue 18, p20
Focuses on the US Navy's expectation to award Sikorsky Aircraft a contract in early 1997 to develop a CH-60 demonstrator aircraft. The contract as a major step toward implementing a radical realignment and consolidation scheme of its rotary-winged assets; Details of the contract; Funding;...
- HELICOPTERS. // Sea Power;Jan2012, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p94
The article evaluates various helicopters used by the U.S. Navy including H-60 Seahawk by Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., MH-60R Seahawk, and SH-60F Seahawk.
- Sikorsky Ties Up Presidential Helicopter Bid. Dimascio, Jen // Weekly of Business Aviation;5/12/2014, Vol. 98 Issue 19, p5
The article reports that U.S. Navy is awarding a contract to Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., to develop a replacement for the aging U.S. presidential helicopter feet based on its S-92 model.
- Sikorsky Awarded Risk Reduction Funds For Heavy Lift Replacement Program. // Helicopter News;9/6/2005, p3
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Navy to award Sikorsky a contract to continue risk reduction work for the Marine Corps Heavy Lift Replacement (HLR) program. The new award will fund engineering trade studies, configuration definition and other program planning activities. The goal of...
- Navy Awards $3 Billion For USMC Heavy-Lift Replacement Helicopter. Sirak, Michael // Helicopter News;4/18/2006, p5
The article reports on the contract awarded by the U.S. Navy to Sikorsky to design and build the Marine Corps CH-53K helicopter on April 5, 2006. The helicopter will replace the service's CH-53E Super Stallion starting in the middle of next decade. The contract covers the system development and...
- Navy Adds Sikorsky VH-3D Option. // Rotor & Wing;Nov2012, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p20
The article reports on the $41-billion option exercised by the U.S. Navy involving its VH Presidential Helicopter contract with Sikorsky Aircraft Corp.
- US Navy contract to Sikorsky. // Vayau Aerospace & Defence Review;2014, Issue 3, p92
The article reports on a contract between U.S. Navy and aircraft manufacturer Sikorsky Aircraft to build the six new US presidential helicopters which will be based on Sikorsky's S-92 utility helicopters and also mentions that U.S. Navy also replacing the fleet of VH-3 ÂeMarine One' helicopters.