Red Pipkin Outlaw from the Black River Country
- The Outlaws of 1970. // Time;4/20/1970, Vol. 95 Issue 16, p22
The article offers criticism of a Superior Court judge in Fayetteville, North Carolina declaring the three escaped prisoners of Cumberland County jail as outlaws.
- Fitting Punishments to Crimes. Loza, Tihomir // Transitions Online;6/11/2007, p2
The article reports on the arrest of war crimes fugitive Zdravko Tolimir as he attempted to cross the border between Serbia and Bosnia on May 31, 2007. Tolimir stands accused of grave war crimes, including genocide, related to his alleged role in the 1995 Srebrenica massacre. He was arrested by...
- Lottery chief recalls role in hunting Whitey Bulger. Woodburn, Jeff // New Hampshire Business Review;7/15/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the move of New Hampshire Lottery chief Charlie McIntyre to hand out 1.5 million check to a lucky winner who informed him about the notorious mobster James Bulger. It states that Winter Hill Gang leader, Bulger, was arrested in Santa Monica, California after hiding for 16...
- WARRANT FOR ARREST FOR FUGITIVE. // State Court Forms (North Carolina);Jul2012, p1
A form showing a warrant for arrest for fugitive in the state of North Carolina is presented which was issued in the General Court of Justice District Court Division. The required information includes the name and address of defendant, social security numbers, and arresting officer.
- Stupid Criminals BUSTED! Monroney, Erin Taylor // National Geographic Kids;Nov2006, Issue 365, p8
The article offers information on some outrageous ways on how criminals were caught by authorities. A thief who stole some DVDs and is trying to escape a police chase was caught because his baggy pants kept falling down as he tried to run away. A jailed criminal created a fake document regarding...
- Top five most wanted individuals by the Van Zandt County Sheriff's Office. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);6/5/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 23, p4
The article lists the top five most wanted individuals by the Van Zandt County Sheriff's Office in Texas who include Jeffrey Glenn Pierson, Claude Kenneth Danforth and David Doyle Addison.
- YOU BE THE JUDGE. Schorr, José // Saturday Evening Post;1/2/1954, Vol. 226 Issue 27, p51
The article cites a situation about a man named Joe who has spotted a criminal wanted by law, whose arrest is being offered a considerable amount as reward. Joe called up the authorities to report the whereabouts of the felon, but he was not offered with the cash reward. So, Joe sued to collect...
- VIRGINIA. // Advocate;2/14/89, Issue 518, p18
Reports that the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation is using the latest technology to step-up its search for the former owner of a gay bar in Richmond, Virginia who is suspected for murder.
- The Face Is Familiar. // Time;4/3/1950, Vol. 55 Issue 14, p67
The article reports on a tip given by Jimmy Lewis and his friends to the police after recognizing the photograph of an escaped convict, who was identified as William Raymond Nesbit, by the Hearst's International News Service (INS) published by the periodical "Saint Paul Dispatch" in Minnesota in...