Red Pipkin Outlaw from the Black River Country
- The Outlaws of 1970. // Time;4/20/1970, Vol. 95 Issue 16, p22
The article offers criticism of a Superior Court judge in Fayetteville, North Carolina declaring the three escaped prisoners of Cumberland County jail as outlaws.
- Fitting Punishments to Crimes. Loza, Tihomir // Transitions Online;6/11/2007, p2
The article reports on the arrest of war crimes fugitive Zdravko Tolimir as he attempted to cross the border between Serbia and Bosnia on May 31, 2007. Tolimir stands accused of grave war crimes, including genocide, related to his alleged role in the 1995 Srebrenica massacre. He was arrested by...
- Stupid Criminals BUSTED! Monroney, Erin Taylor // National Geographic Kids;Nov2006, Issue 365, p8
The article offers information on some outrageous ways on how criminals were caught by authorities. A thief who stole some DVDs and is trying to escape a police chase was caught because his baggy pants kept falling down as he tried to run away. A jailed criminal created a fake document regarding...
- WARRANT FOR ARREST FOR FUGITIVE. // State Court Forms (North Carolina);Jul2012, p1
A form showing a warrant for arrest for fugitive in the state of North Carolina is presented which was issued in the General Court of Justice District Court Division. The required information includes the name and address of defendant, social security numbers, and arresting officer.
- Lottery chief recalls role in hunting Whitey Bulger. Woodburn, Jeff // New Hampshire Business Review;7/15/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the move of New Hampshire Lottery chief Charlie McIntyre to hand out 1.5 million check to a lucky winner who informed him about the notorious mobster James Bulger. It states that Winter Hill Gang leader, Bulger, was arrested in Santa Monica, California after hiding for 16...
- Top five most wanted individuals by the Van Zandt County Sheriff's Office. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);6/5/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 23, p4
The article lists the top five most wanted individuals by the Van Zandt County Sheriff's Office in Texas who include Jeffrey Glenn Pierson, Claude Kenneth Danforth and David Doyle Addison.
- BC Fugitive program hits milestone. // Blue Line Magazine;Apr2015, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p39
The article reports that British Columbia (BC) has shipped out the 100th wanted person outside of the province to Alberta to face assault charges under the BC fugitive return program as of April 2015.
- YOU BE THE JUDGE. Schorr, José // Saturday Evening Post;1/2/1954, Vol. 226 Issue 27, p51
The article cites a situation about a man named Joe who has spotted a criminal wanted by law, whose arrest is being offered a considerable amount as reward. Joe called up the authorities to report the whereabouts of the felon, but he was not offered with the cash reward. So, Joe sued to collect...
- VIRGINIA. // Advocate;2/14/89, Issue 518, p18
Reports that the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation is using the latest technology to step-up its search for the former owner of a gay bar in Richmond, Virginia who is suspected for murder.