The Man Who Made CHRISTMAS
- The Giving Tree. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Aug2000, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p214
Features several Christmas ornaments created to benefit charitable organizations. Description of the ornaments; Prices; Recipients of the proceeds.
- Giving back: Another good way to do business. Powers, Sharon // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/10/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p23
The author comments on volunteerism and donations from businesspeople in Nevada. An overview of the charitable efforts of the North Las Vegas Chamber Foundation is presented. The author commends the businesspeople who volunteered to spend the day with first and second-graders of Lowman...
- DUTCHESS COUNTY. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p20
The article reports on developments related to business in Dutchess County, New York. Donna McGregor has been appointed as the vice president of finance and CEO for Health Quest. Joseph A. Bonura, owner of Anthony's Pier 9 and the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel has received the coveted 2006 Dutchess...
- Sell your Business, Pay No Taxes. Unze, Wayne // New Mexico Business Journal;Jul2007, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p7
The article illustrates the concept of a Charitable Remainder UniTrust (CRUT). This method for selling a business generates tax savings to the business owner. It involves donating the business to a charitable trust, with the business owner as trustee. A case example of a retiring businessman who...
- Science Oxford announces Oxford Innovation Centre. lloydd // MWP (Online Edition);9/28/2012, p396
The article reports on Science Oxford's Oxford Centre for Innovation in England. It mentions that the centre designed by Foster + Partners Ltd. aims to support entrepreneurs and start-up companies from Oxfordshire. It notes that it will feature interactive galleries, a digital planetarium and...
- Kudos. // Orange County Business Journal;9/16/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p60
Reports on developments related to charitable organizations and business enterprises in Orange County, California, as of September 16, 2002. Good Neighbor Pharmacy's fund raising project for the High Hopes Head Injury Program; JBZ Architecture and Planning architecture Romeo Ty's after-school...
- Businesses give prizes for the Taste of the Trail. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Sep2000, Vol. 14 Issue 9, pB24
Reports that businesses in Wenatchee, Washington donated funds to the 2nd Annual Taste on the Trail event on August 16, 2000.
- Do you hear what I hear? Lee, Jack // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/17/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p9
The article encourages companies to back a charity because they all face extreme challenges.
- Charity event: How one family gave away its golf course. Ennico, Cliff // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/21/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p25A
Discusses aspects of donating a business to a charity via charitable remainder trust (CRT) in the U.S. Terms of the CRT arrangements; Benefits of CRT; Overview of the case involving Marilyn Greene, owner and operator of the Bridgeview Golf Course.