DE-GENDERING PREDATORY VIOLENCE: THE FEMALE STALKER
- Keeping Stalkers at Bay in Texas. Huang, Melvin // Texas Journal on Civil Liberties & Civil Rights;Fall2009, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p53
The article highlights an argument regarding the enactment of a bill in Texas which will empower stalking protective orders. It provides an overview of the legislation oriented to stalk in the U.S. It discusses the connection of stalking to domestic violence particularly with femicide,...
- 2012 Alaska Dashboard: Key Indicators Impacting Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault. Rosay, André B. // Alaska Justice Forum;Winter/Spring2012, Vol. 28/29 Issue 4/1, p2
The article discusses several key initiatives taken by the government of Alaska in order to end the epidemic of domestic violence and sexual assault in the state including childhood exposure to domestic violence, child and youth victimization. It adds that these key indicators are based are...
- Avoiding revictimization: shifting from police interrogations to police interviewing in China. Yuan, Chuanyou // International Journal of Speech, Language & the Law;2009, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p293
The article discusses research on the issue of revictimization of abused women suspects in China who kill in domestic violence cases which, according to the author, asserts that it can be avoided by means of shifting from police interrogations to police interviewing. A Multi-Dimensional Speech...
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: THE EVOLUTION FROM A FAMILY PROBLEM TO LEGAL DISCIPLINE. WELTE, PETER // North Dakota Law Review;2012, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p863
The article provides information on law enforcement and legal discipline regarding domestic violence because no-contact order provides safety to victim and victim's family, and violation of orders has been considered a crime in North Dakota. It highlights two factors such as victim safety, and...
- The Truth about Domestic Violence: A Falsely Framed Issue. McNeely, R. L.; Robinson-Simpson, Gloria // Social Work;Nov/Dec87, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p485
The article presents a study on domestic violence. Domestic violence has received increasing attention during the past decade; attention that has framed the violence as essentially a masculine form of assaultive behavior. The article surveys domestic violence investigations, compares those...
- Supreme Court cases 1994-1995 term. Keller, Charlene M.; Schofield, Daniel L. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Oct95, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p28
Presents a summary of Supreme Court cases in the United States for the term 1994 to 1995 of particular interest to law enforcement. Involvement of the exclusionary rule for errors made by court employees; Fourth amendment's knock and announce requirement; Prohibition of firearms in a school zone.
- My firsthand look at rural law enforcement. Katterjohn, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/6/95, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p9A
Opinion. Discusses an encounter with the law in Jackson County, Indiana. Burglary at cabin; Action by Sheriff; What occurred in town.
- Inaugural ET Crime Victims Conference set for April 25-26. // Malakoff News (TX);4/26/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 17, p1
The article offers information on the Crime Victims Conference of East Texas to be held on April 25-26, 2013 at Lake Athens Baptist Church intended for prosecutors, law enforcement personnel and victim advocates.
- STALKING ON CAMPUS: ENSURING SECURITY WITH RIGHTS AND LIBERTIES. Campbell, Julie; Longo, Peter J. // College Student Journal;Jun2010 Part A, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p309
College campuses are often perceived as idyllic communities. While there is much truth in such perceptions, not surprisingly there are many complicated issues on college campuses. Stalking is one such problem that seems to persist and thrive in the cloistered college setting. Campus safety...