Post-Secondary School Operators Enjoy Rising Enrollment, Revenue
- Programs offer training with a Native perspective. // Raven's Eye;Aug2000, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p9
Focuses on the En'owkin Center post-secondary institute for students native to the Okanagan Valley in Penticton. Conduction of teaching in First Nations context; Definition of En'owkin; Enumeration of courses offered; Coverage of the visual arts program.
- Promoting postsecondary education in rural schools. Rubisch, John C. // School Counselor;May95, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p405
Looks at the problems faced by rural schools in the United States in relation to promoting postsecondary education for their students. Characteristics of a rural school; College field trip; Raising self-esteem through bibliotherapy; Career planning with students and parents.
- 100 years of education. // Education Quarterly Review;2001, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p18
Discusses the changes to the educational system in Canada during the 20th century. Benefits of education; Condition of the country's public education system; Development of postsecondary education. INSETS: The changing nature of literacy--grade 9 is no longer enough;Student assistance.
- To work or to continue to higher education? The choice of senior secondary students in Shenzhen, China. Hung, Fan-Sing; Chung, Yue-Ping; Ho, Esther Sui-Chu // Higher Education;Jun2000, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p455
In the planning and development of higher education, it is necessary to understand the major factors affecting senior secondary students' decisions on whether to continue to higher education or to enter into labor force. This is particularly important in countries shifting from a...
- Trends. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/23/98, Vol. 37 Issue 47, p13
Discusses trends in education in Connecticut. Includes information compiled by Susan P. Choy of MPR Associates Inc. showing that high school students are increasingly being advised to go to college; Low-income high school graduates' tendency not to attend post-secondary education; Sources of...
- The High School Experience: What Students With and Without Disabilities Report as They Leave School. Repetto, Jeanne B.; McGorray, Susan P.; Wang, Hua; Podmostko, Mary; Andrews, W. Drew; Lubbers, Joyce; Gritz, Sheila // Career Development for Exceptional Individuals;Dec2011, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p142
Results of the Florida High School Exit Survey collected in 2006â€“2007 and 2007â€“2008 are presented. Participants include 2,520 students with and without disabilities across 40 school districts. Survey items cover questions relating to employment, postsecondary education and...
- High school students' career plans: The influence of others' expectations. Mau, Wei-Cheng; Hitchcock, Ruth; Calvert, Christy // Professional School Counseling;Dec98, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p161
Presents information on a study which examined high school students' postsecondary plans and what they perceive to be the counselors' and other influential persons' expectations of them. Method used on the study; Results and discussion; Implications.
- Helping High School Students Broaden Their Knowledge of Postsecondary Education Options. Hoyt, Kenneth B. // Professional School Counseling;Oct2001, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on helping high school students broaden their knowledge of postsecondary education options in the United States. Emphasis on the economic benefits of a bachelor's degree; Comparison between college graduate earnings with high school graduate earnings; List of cautions for students...
- THE COMMERCIALIZATION OF POST SECONDARY EDUCATION: A FUTURE SCENARIO. Snell, Joel C.; Mekies, Saul // College Student Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p415
Examines possible effects of the commercialization of post-secondary education. Problems in funding; Changes in school infrastructure; Mergers among public colleges.