Lang. Arts, Foreign Language Textbook Sales Could Be Lighter in '04 in Tennessee Than Science in '03
- College Textbook Return Growth Rate Slows in July, Clips Net Sales. // Educational Marketer;9/22/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p6
Provides information on the decline in college textbook return growth rate in July 2003. Net incurred by the U.S. college instructional material publishers in July of the same year; Gross sales generated by the publishers for the month of September 2003; Average of the ratio of returns to gross...
- History Repeats Itself in Texas for Textbook-Review Process. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;8/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p11
Reports on the initiation of a textbook review program by the Texas state school board as part of a plan to adopt full textbooks of history and social studies. Conduct of public hearings on text content and selection; History of the textbook selection controversy; Implications of the textbook...
- AAP: College Market Sees March Decline, But K-12 Has Strong Month. // Educational Marketer;05/15/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the sales status of college textbooks and instructional materials to elementary schools in the United States in March 2000.
- K-12 Textbook Sales Climb For December, Jump 13.4% For The Year. // Educational Marketer;02/12/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the growth of sales of elementary and high school textbooks and instructional materials for 2000 as compared to 1999 sales, according to figures compiled by the Association of American Publishers.
- Adopting textbooks and other instructional materials. Fiore, Thomas A.; Cook, Rebecca A. // Remedial & Special Education;Nov94, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p333
Focuses on policies and practices that need to be adopted to improve quality of textbooks and other instructional materials. Enhancement of students' learning; Investigation of state and local adoption processes across the United States; Guidelines for improving practices.
- Textbook use. Tice, Terrence N. // Education Digest;Nov94, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p41
Focuses on teachers' use of textbooks as discussed in the report `Teachers' View of Textbooks and Text Reading Instruction: Experience Matters,' by Deborah Menke and Beth Davey. Grouping of secondary teachers in content areas by years of experience; Reasons why teachers do not rely much on...
- Five years later: A survey of state textbook reform. Cody, Caroline B. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Winter92/93, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p52
Presents the results of a survey on a national project to improve the quality of textbooks available in American schools. Effect of reform efforts on textbook policy in the adoption states; Role of policy makers in improving textbooks used in schools; Focus of the adoption process on qualitative...
- Scarce, outdated textbooks impede learning, teachers report in survey. Diegmueller, Karen // Education Week;3/6/96, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p8
Reports on a survey conducted by the Association of American Publishers' school division and the National Education Association on the lack of updated textbooks in the United States. Use of textbooks that were more than ten years old; Teachers' heavy reliance on texts.
- Textbooks still count! Lichtenberg, James // Education Digest;Sep94, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p29
Focuses on the importance of textbooks in education. Enrichment of classroom experience through textbooks; Training tools for graduate teaching assistants; Presentation of information essential for learning the curriculum; Influence of increased availability of technology on the future of...