BATTLING Peer Pressure
- Peer Pressure Protection. Meyerhoff, Michael K. // Pediatrics for Parents;1999, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p8
Discusses how parents can protect their teenage children from peer pressure.
- No way! I'd rather have a soda. // Current Health 1;Feb96, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p15
Presents a situation where a teenage girl came up with ways to say no to peer pressure regarding the use of drugs and other chemicals. Practicing of ways to say no; Preparation of excuses or refusals. INSET: 10 ways to say `no'..
- Hazing: Rite or Wrong? // Current Events;10/6/2000, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the debate over hazing in the United States. Prevalence of hazing among teenagers; Peer pressure; Use of hazing as a harmless rite of passage for many young people.
- Knowing How to Say No! to Alcohol. Hugel, Bob // Scholastic Choices;Oct2000, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p14
Describes reactions of teenagers in situations where they are pressured to drink alcoholic beverages.
- SMOKING ACQUISITION: PEER INFLUENCE AND SELF-SELECTION. Min Qi Wang; Eddy, James M. // Psychological Reports;Jun2000 Part 2, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p1241
Examines the effect of peer influence and self-selection for smoking peers on smoking acquisition among adolescents in the United States. Use of the Teenage Attitudes and Practices Survey in the study; Discussion on the smoking progress for nonsmokers for adolescent boys; Importance of...
- THE SEARCH FOR EQUALITY: REPRESENTATIONS OF THE SMOKING ACT AMONG ADOLESCENT WOMEN. S�nchez Mart�nez, J. Adriana; de Oliveira Ribeiro, Cl�a Regina // Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem (RLAE);jul/ago2008, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p640
This study aimed to discover the representations of the smoking habit in both non-smoking and smoking female adolescents from a high school in Quer�taro, Mexico. It is a qualitative research, carried out with 14 female adolescents in 2005. A semi-structured interview and a socioeconomic survey...
- Does peer pressure influence activity in obese kids? // Active Living;Sep2012, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p25
The article discusses the article "Influence of peers and friends on overweight/obese youth's physical activity" that was published in "Exercise & Sport Sciences Reviews," which explores the effects of peers on the physical activity of youths.
- Blush if You're Moral. // America;10/26/1985, Vol. 153 Issue 11, p250
The article expresses its alarm over details of teenage sexual practice and high incidences in teenage pregnancy. It complains about the kind of music the youth listens to and its pressures to have sex on boys. It mentions how some sectors have inadequately addressed the problem of teenage...
- Shopping with friends and teens' susceptibility to peer influence. Mangleburg, Tamara F.; Doney, Patricia M.; Bristol, Terry // Journal of Retailing;Summer2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p101
While some retailers may discourage groups of teenagers from shopping in their stores, there is reason to believe that peer groups may affect teen behaviors and evaluations in ways that could benefit retailers. In this paper, we examine the phenomenon of teenagers' shopping with friends, and, in...