- A NUCLEAR COMEBACK? Jusko, Jill; Miller, William H. // Industry Week/IW;04/16/2001, Vol. 250 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the increasing advocates of nuclear power plant in the United States (U.S.). Factors that may lead to a nuclear power rebirth; Status of the U.S. government's interest in nuclear option; Advantages of nuclear facilities over power plants fueled by coal, oil or natural gas.
- Maximizing megawatt output is the name of the game. Hylko, James M.; Strauss, Sheldon D. // Power;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p57
Focuses on techniques in improving the thermal performance and electrical output of nuclear power plants. Application of sponge ball recirculation, a cooling water system maintenance, at Florida Power & Light Co.; Information on a nonintrusive approach to reactor flow-coolant measurement...
- Temelin inches toward completion in Czech Republic. // Power;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 145 Issue 2, p6
Reports that the Temelin nuclear power-plant in Czech Republic would be fully operational by March 2001. Expected power generation capability of the plant; Factors that affected the commercial launch of Temelin on January 17, 2001; Plan of Czech Republic to reduce combusted lignite pollutant.
- Nuclear Nightmare? // Science World (Teacher's Edition);3/11/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p3
Provides information on nuclear power plants.
- US joins fusion energy effort. // Modern Power Systems;Mar2003, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p3
Reports that the U.S. is starting negotiations to join the ITER international project to develop a magnetic fusion power plant. Key features and specifications; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on modern power systems.
- Better living through science. // Beaver;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p4
Recalls Canada's first nuclear power plant which was operated on June 4, 1962. Year it was decommissioned; Web site for more information.
- Continual Strong Performance. Lamberts, Tyler // Nuclear Plant Journal;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p60
The article profiles a nuclear power plant in New York City. Indian Point Energy Center provides electricity to the city that continues to show economic growth. Indian Point site has three units, of which only units 2 and 3 remain in operation. Indian Point 2 produces 1,035 gross megawatts and...
- Nuclear insecurity. // Industrial Physicist;Feb/Mar2003, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p4
Comments on issues concerning nuclear insecurity in the U.S. published in the January 2003 issue. Focus of Dr. Singer on power plant concerns; Issues on the U.S. nuclear security concerns; Improvement in plant protection; Design of education programs and first-responder training by the Health...
- Tech roundup. // Power Engineering;Oct95, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p56
Presents power-plant piping valves. Includes Birkett/Richards' safety relief valves; Red Valve Co. Inc.'s diaphragm actuator; Hoke Inc.'s bolted ball valves.