- Finding NNEMO 1. // R&D Magazine;Jan2004, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p13
Reports on the Newport News Experimental Model 1 (NNEMO 1) advanced hull form concept submarine design scale model from Northrop Grumman. Features of the design.
- Naval Promises Military Assures Avondale named projects will be funded. Price, Chris // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the construction of two landing platform dock ships at the Northrop Grumman Ship Systems Avondale Shipyard. Keel-laying ceremony of the USS New York; Cost of each ship in the program.
- Reduction of Hull-Radiated Noise Using Vibroacoustic Optimization of the Propulsion System. Caresta, Mauro; Kessissoglou, Nicole J. // Journal of Ship Research;Sep2011, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p149
Vibration modes of a submarine are excited by fluctuating forces generated at the propeller and transmitted to the hull via the propeller-shafting system. The low frequency vibrational modes of the hull can result in significant sound radiation. This work investigates reduction of the far-field...
- Northrop Grumman To Provide Management System For Royal Sub. // Defense Daily International;7/12/2012, p11
The article reports that Northrop Grumman Corp. and partner BAE Systems PLC have been chosen by Great Britain's government, to supply the system to control and monitor the machinery and onboard systems for the fifth vessel in the Astute class of attack submarines. Comments of Alan Dix, managing...
- A Boat By Any Other Name. // Armada International;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p57
The article reports on the christening of the U.S. Navy's fast attack submarine of the Virginia class, the USS North Carolina, at the Newport News shipyard in Virginia in April 2007. The submarine is scheduled to be delivered to the U.S. Navy in December 2007. Another six submarines are...
- Northrop Grummans System for RN Astute submarines. // Vayau Aerospace & Defence Review;2014, Issue 1, p169
The article focuses on the supply of Platform Management System (PMS) by global security company Northrop Grummans Corp. to ship maker BAE Systems' Maritime- Submarines and also mentions that the PMS system will be installed on the Royal Navy's Astute-class series' boat 5 submarine.
- 'RESEARCH 7' Beecham, Bill // Professional Fisherman;Aug2005, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p22
The article informs that the high speed monohull Research 7 is the result of a successful collaboration between Queensland-based Sealife Designs of Hemmant and Rambia Boats of Gladstone. The overall fitout is impressive, with high quality upholstery and an electronics layout that is the result...
- SEA STAR. Pike, Dag // Yachting;May2006, Vol. 199 Issue 5, p54
The article features motoryacht builder Azimut and the quality of its deepwater hulls and yachts.
- K. Damen's Biggest. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Mar2004, p12
The article reports that the arrival of the hull of TSHD Scelveringhe at Shipyard K. Damen in late January 2004, has marked the Hard Hardinxveld-Giessendam yard's biggest contract. The hull was built at the Aker Braila yard in Romania and was towed to the Netherlands by Danish tug Eurosund. Over...