- FIRE DEPARTMENT RESPONSE TO HELICOPTER EMERGENCIES. Knapp, Jerry; Flatley, Christopher; Sutherland, Wayne // Fire Engineering;Mar2006, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p85
The article discusses firefighter response to calls involving helicopters, which requires some unique understanding, specialized training, and planning. At such calls, the safety of flight crews, patients, responders and the community are at risk. Elements of safe helicopter-landing operations...
- Fire Safety Map. // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Oct99, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p4
Presents an illustrative example on how to get out of a house during a fire.
- The Fire's at Our House! Bryant, Steve // Public Management (00333611);Aug2000, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p3
Presents an article about a house fire. Lessons learned from experiencing the fire; Safety measures needed; Importance of having a well-trained and fully equipped fire department.
- ESCAPE PLAN. // Jack & Jill;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p9
The article offers step-by-step instructions for creating a fire escape plan.
- Fire in the bay: Incident emergency management system at work. Knight, Jerry G. // Fire Engineering;Aug96, Vol. 149 Issue 8, p119
Details the collision of a phosphate ship with two fuel-carrying barges, resulting in a fire that put the Tampa Florida Fire Department's newly formed incident emergency management system (IEMS) strategy to the test. IEMS as a strategy for molding the available public and private resources into...
- Analysis of Vehicle Fire Statistics in New Zealand Parking Buildings. Yuguang Li; Michael Spearpoint // Fire Technology;Jun2007, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p93
Abstractï¿½ï¿½The risk of fire in parking buildings is dependant on the probability of a fire occurring and the severity of the fire. This paper reviews the research data available on vehicle fires and suggests the severity of such a fire for a risk analysis. The paper then examines the...
- Fire escape plan helps protect kids in emergency. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);5/1/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p7
The article offers tips in making a fire escape plan to protect kids in emergency in Aurora, Illinois.
- FROM A DISTANCE. // American Photo;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p26
A photograph of depicting three women during a fire incident is presented.
- Wildfire in England. // Crisis Response Journal;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on a wildfire at Swinley Forest in Berkshire, England, where 300 hectares were damaged.