War Operations Update
- 1998 Savings Bonds. // Marines;Apr98, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p4
Provides information on United States (US) Savings Bond for Marines. US Savings Bonds Campaign of the US Marine Corps and the US Department of Defense; How bonds grow; Benefits of US Savings Bonds.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS. // Touching Base;Oct2015, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p2
The article discusses several programs launched in the U.S. including the program to help teachers better understand military children, the Marine Corps Exchange (MCX) Super Star Student awards program and the U.S Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) Artist Spotlight artwork challenge.
- Japan Signs Off On V-22 Flights. McCarthy, Mike // Defense Daily;9/19/2012, Vol. 255 Issue 58, p7
The article reports that the Japanese government has agreed to allow the U.S. Marine Corps to commence flight operations of V-22 Ospreys aircraft in Japan, to investigate two crashes in 2012, involving the tilt-rotor aircraft that concluded pilots were to blame. It mentions that the Japanese...
- Military Activities: Display of Equipment at the Former Philadelphia Naval Base in July 2000: GAO-01-77R. Schuster, Carol R. // GAO Reports;10/18/2000, p1
The Department of Defense (DOD) displayed military items for Members of Congress at the former Philadelphia Naval Base prior to the Republican National Convention in July 2000. To minimize the chance that the display would be associated with partisan events, DOD limited it to three days and...
- Premilitary Tobacco Use by Male Marine Corps Recruits. Trent, Linda K.; Hilton, Susan M.; Melcer, Ted // Military Medicine;Oct2007, Vol. 172 Issue 10, p1077
Recognizing both the medical and operational costs of tobacco use, the Department of Defense has made tobacco cessation a top health promotion priority. Military tobacco rates remain high, however, especially among younger personnel and, particularly, in the Marine Corps. Tobacco is prohibited...
- Defense Acquisitions: Readiness of the Marine Corps' V-22 Aircraft for Full-Rate Production: GAO-01-369R. // GAO Reports;2/20/2001, p1
GAO concludes that the V-22 program is not ready for full-rate production. This conclusion is based on two factors. First, GAO's "best practices" work has identified practices used by successful commercial and defense programs to develop and produce quality products in significantly less time...
- Report to Congressional Requesters. // GAO Reports;10/20/2011, preceding p1
The article presents a report focusing on how the U.S. Department of Defense's (DOD) weak business processes, systems, and controls have hampered the efforts of the U.S. Marine Corps to achieve financial audit. As stated, the U.S. Government Accountability Office, has recommended the Marine...
- GFE LIST FOR MRAP VEHICLES. Chaisson, K. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Sep2007, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p18
The article reports that the U.S. Defense Department has been rushing new-production, heavily-armored Mine-Resistant Ambush-Protected (MRAP) troop-transport vehicles to Army and Marine Corps forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. The military vehicles are designed to survive IED roadside bomb blasts...
- Military Honor. // East Bernard Express (TX);4/19/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 16, p1
The article announces that Daisy Stoll Losack, served in the U.S. Marine Corps Women's Reserve programs, has chosen to be honored for her service during the Korean War from the U.S. Department of Defense.