Navy Moves Nearer to Deployment of Tactical Radio System
- Zumwalts Get 'Any Role, Any Station' Control. Walsh, Edward J. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2008, Vol. 134 Issue 6, p84
The article focuses on the development of the Total Ship Computing Environment (TSCE) for the Zumwalt-class (DDG-1000) destroyer, by a U.S. Navy-industry team of more than 1,200 software developers led by Raytheon Co. The new software, called Release 5, will add some five million lines of new...
- Navy Computers Don't Need Commercial Best Practices. Finneran, Stephen // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Feb2014, Vol. 140 Issue 2, p12
The article offers information on a computer used by the U.S. Navy that has two memory banks and a software which cannot be downloaded on the Internet. Topics discussed include the comparison of the Navy's computer to its modern counterparts, exploitation of the vulnerability of architecture and...
- Navy to Spend $1.6 Billion to Modernize Amphibious Ships. Insinna, Valerie // Defense Daily;4/9/2015, p4
The article discusses the upgrade program of the U.S. Navy under surface warfare director Rear Admiral Peter Fanta for the weapons, combat and software systems of its amphibious ship fleet. Marine expeditionary warfare director General Robert Walsh describes structural changes to the USS Wasp to...
- Open Architecture Takes Center Stage for Surface Warfare. Walsh, Ed // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jan2004, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p89
The program executive office for integrated warfare systems is looking towards a flag level executive committee meeting that will appraise the office's progress in defining for fleet operators, acquisition commands and the defense industry a vision of open architecture for the U.S. Navy's...
- Get the latest update. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jan96, Issue 518, p21
Focuses on the C11 which is an update of STE-M1/FVS software. Capabilities; Contact information.
- Joint warrior interoperability demonstration 1996 and Warfighter Information Network. Chon, Song; Teece, Bill // Army Communicator;Fall96, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p30
Discusses several joint warrior interoperability demonstrations (JWID) 1996 with potential relevancy to the United States Army's Warfighter Information Network (WIN). Background information on JWID; Information on the demonstrations; Importance of satellite services; Importance of information...
- Warfighter Information Network: An Rx for combat-health support. Manahan, Bethany // Army Communicator;Fall96, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the role of the United States Army's Warfighter Information Network (WIN) in meeting the requirements of combat-health support (CHS) for the 21st century. Future of CHS operations; Details on how WIN will support CHS operations; Importance of identifying CHS information requirements.
- Sundisk's Flashdisk nets Navy test contract. // Electronic News;10/24/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2037, p32
Reports on Sundisk Corp. as the winner of a million-dollar order for its flashdisk technology from the U.S. Navy. Navy's plan to use the memory storage products in simulated torpedo testing; Comments from the Navy's Electronic Professional Services Inc.; Features of the flashdisks.
- New technology, tools aid battlefield operations. Spooner, Socorro // Army Communicator;Winter98, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p53
Focuses on the Army's division advanced warfighting experiment at Fort Hood, Texas, which uses computers to develop and evaluate new warfighting procedures. Installation of maneuver-control system; New functions of mapboards.