Huge Undersea Test in Pacific May Follow Giant Shadow
- Swimming robots. Keller, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Aug2008, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p16
The article reports on the increasing use of the U.S. Navy of underwater unmanned vehicles (UUVs) for counter-mine warfare, undersea surveys and surveillance, as well covertly deploying weapons. It states that the U.S. Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) has been exploring and developing UUV...
- Sea view. // New Scientist;11/5/94, Vol. 144 Issue 1950, p11
Reports on the testing of the Argos submarine for hour-long tourist trips to a depth of 30 meters in the Grande Bay in Brazil.
- Bold on safety. Donnelly, John // Fathom;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the safety efforts of the crew aboard the USS Jacksonville (SSN 699), a nuclear submarine in the United States Navy. How safety measures are similar on warships and submarines; Details about mishaps and their review; Comments from shipmates; Precaution measures.
- Underwater Splendor Tender. HARDING, DANIEL // Yachting;Feb2013, Vol. 213 Issue 2, p14
The article previews the C-Explorer 5, a personal submarine that allows up to 5 passengers to explore the ocean's depths to almost 1,000 feet while cruising at 3 knots.
- MARINE MACHINE. KROSLAKOVA, KATARINA // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);Luxury Magazine, p26
The article evaluates the DeepFlight Super Falcon submersible submarine trip service offered at Fiji resort in Laucala Island, Fiji.
- RUSSIAN ROULETTE. EVERING, SANDER // Scuba Diving;May2015, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p46
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of exploring the wreck sites of the Russian Moskva destroyer ship and the Russian submarine SC213 on the Black Sea.
- The U.S. Navy. Polmar, Norman // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Dec99, Vol. 125 Issue 12, p85
Focuses on the need to improve antisubmarine warfare capabilities of submarines in the United States Navy. Lack of capability demonstrated in the UNITAS joint display of submarines operation; Suggestion to accelerate projects to build submarines with air-independent propulsion features.
- Submarine Celebrations and Questions. Polmar, Norman // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Apr2000, Vol. 126 Issue 4, p103
Reports developments in the United States Navy as of April 2000. Includes the 100th anniversary of the US submarine community; Increase in the number of attack submarines; Reduction in the number of trident strategic missile submarines.
- Navy Submarines. // All Hands;Jan2000, Issue 992, p38
Presents a list of the submarines of the United States Navy.