Guard Plans Course for Commanders Ashore
- Building Coast Guard Leaders. Wolter, William J. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Dec2001, Vol. 127 Issue 12, p85
Focuses on the leadership skills of the Coast guard officers in the United States. Modification of the cadets program on coast guard continuum; Implications of the disciplinary practice on the cadets individual personality; Establishment of leadership training programs for leadership development.
- Use the Chiefs Mess. Brown, Raymond J. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Sep2002, Vol. 128 Issue 9, p79
Focuses on the importance of the relationship among chief petty officers (CPO) in the U.S. Coast Guard. Need for executive officers to stay attuned; Need to make visitors aware of the trust vested in the CPOs; Role of CPOs in training junior officers.
- Vintage training aid. // Air Transport World;Apr95, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p96
Reports on the US Coast Guard's December mass casualty training exercise near Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Details of the training.
- Surf city. // Jack & Jill;March97, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p23
Reports on the rescue operations of the United States Coast Guard. Information on the training procedures of the Coast Guard; Comments from Michael Seck, Coast Guard Chief Bosunmate; Description of the Coast Guard's motor life boats.
- DOOR COUNTY MARITIME MUSEUM HOSTS US COAST GUARD EXHIBIT. // Sea Classics;Sep2014, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p65
The article previews the "Missions of the US Coast Guard" exhibition to be held at Door County Maritime Museum in Wisconsin on October 26, 2014.
- LEADERSHIP Is Everybody's Business. Goulet, Laurel; Jefferson, Jonathan; Szwed, Paul // T+D;Aug2012, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p48
The article discusses leadership in the workplace and compares a mentoring and modeling leadership perspective to the perspective discussed in an article from a previous issue by Stephen L. Cohen. The authors argue that although Cohen's view of leadership focused on skills, abilities, and...
- No More Catch Phrases, Please. Murphy, James M. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Feb2002, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p30
Presents an essay on quality leadership in the U.S. Navy. Theories on total quality leadership; Assessment on the needs of the sailors by the naval leaders; Citation on the awarding of a Naval officer for his leadership.
- Developing Leaders for 125 Years. Santos, David // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Dec2001, Vol. 127 Issue 12, p86
Focuses on the leadership training for military officers offered by the Coast Guard Academy in the United States. Center of leadership training for the armed service men; Program of instruction for the consistency of training for officers corps; Development of the service of the military...
- HONORING LIVING HISTORY. // U.S. Black Engineer & Information Technology;Winter2015, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the dedication of a training center at the U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington D.C. to Olivia Hooker, the first African American to be enlisted with the U.S. Coast Guard.