V-22 Simulator Relies on Commercial Technologies
- Reclaiming Theology for the Enlightenment: The Case of Siegmund Jacob Baumgarten (1706-1757). Sorkin, David // Central European History (Cambridge University Press / UK);2003, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p503
Profiles Siegmund Jacob Baumgarten, a theologian who illustrates the intimate relationship between Enlightenment and theology. Adherence to the philosophy of Christian Wolff; Influence of piety on Baumgarten's theology; Definition of history; Stand on toleration and freedom of conscience.
- The Nation Needs the MV-22. Jones, J. L. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2000, Vol. 126 Issue 6, p2
Justifies the continuation of the MV-22 Osprey aircraft. April 8, 2000 crash which killed 19 United States Marines; Appearance of inaccurate information regarding the aircraft; Role in providing military aviators' training; Importance of military preparedness.
- Future Corps. Freedberg Jr., Sydney J. // National Journal;5/10/2008, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p12
The article presents an outlook for the future operational relevance of the U.S. Marine Corp's new V-22 Osprey. the $67 million machine is a hybrid helicopter and propeller plane whose revolutionary tilt-rotor technology took 25 years to develop and claimed 30 lives in crashes along the way. The...
- Unicom. // Flying;Aug98, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p78
Presents answers to questions about aviation. Employment of the amplitude modulation (AM) radio technology in aviation; Information on Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey tiltrotor's powerplant capabilities; Information about four-engine propeller airplanes; Reason why Boston Center control airspace is...
- OSPREY: NEW WINGS FOR AMPHIBIOUS WARFARE. Carlson, Ted // Naval Aviation News;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p20
Reports that the United States Marine Corps MV-22B Osprey has completed operational evaluation at the Marine Corps Air Station in New River, North Carolina. Flight testing of the Osprey to evaluate its suitability for operational use; Testing problems encountered by the amphibious helicopter;...
- Osprey ops. // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p15
Focuses on the delivery of the initial production of the MV-22 Osprey aircraft to the United States Marine Corps. Operational evaluation of the aircraft; Reconfiguration of the aircraft as a production-representative variant for Special Operations Forces; Modifications in the aircraft.
- V-22 exceeds 1,000 flight hours. Jenks, Robert // Marines;Jun95, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the exhibition of the V-22 Osprey transports plane in the 1995 Paris Show in France from June 10-18, 1995. Results from its test flights in the Naval Air Station in Maryland; US Marine Corps' need for aircraft to support its active duty and training needs; Plans to use the Osprey in...
- Osprey feels a Marine touch. Larson, Craig W. // Marines;May96, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p11
Describes the US Marine Corps' V-22 Osprey aircraft. Design; Capabilities; Stages of maintenance and repair.
- EDITORIAL. North, David M. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/5/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 6, p70
Editorial. Comments on the proposal to cancel the V-22 Osprey aircraft from the fleet of the United States Marine Corps. Number of fatalities from evaluation flights; Complexity of the aircraft; Ability of the training squadron to maintain the machine.