- Treat DUT-to-tester links like transmission lines. Kelley, Tom // Test & Measurement World;Mar98, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p51
Discusses strategies on how to overcome the impedance-matching problems in ATE systems. Basic characteristics of transmission lines; Steps on how to circumvent distortion problems; Addition of a resistor to series circuit; Parallel termination circuits; Role of programmable diode clamps.
- Modeling a voltage-locked Josephson junction array amplifier: Gain, input impedance, and bandwidth. McDonald, D. G. // Journal of Applied Physics;11/1/1986, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p3247
Presents a model of a voltage-locked Josephson junction array amplifier. Determination of the effective circuit; Model for input impedance and available power gain of the amplifier; Results using the slowly varying amplitudes method.
- Near field or far field? Capps, Charles // EDN;8/16/2001, Vol. 46 Issue 18, p95
Focuses on the far field of an antenna system. Definition of far field and near field systems; Criteria for defining the boundary between far field and near fields; Existence of wave impedance in the system.
- Quantitative impedance measurements for eddy current model validation. Khan, T. A.; Nakagawa, N. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2000, Vol. 509 Issue 1, p441
This paper reports on a series of laboratory-based impedance measurement data, collected by the use of a quantitatively accurate, mechanically controlled measurement station. The purpose of the measurement is to validate a BEM-based eddy current model against experiment. We have therefore...
- Smell Nanobiosensors: Hybrid systems based on the electrical response to odorant capture Theory And Experiment. Alfinito, Eleonora; Pennetta, Cecilia; Reggiani, Lino // AIP Conference Proceedings;May2009, Vol. 1137 Issue 1, p115
Mammalian olfactory system is the bio-archetype of smell sensor devices. It is based on a very articulated mechanism which translate the odorant capture information performed by the olfactory receptors (ORs) into a code. Finally, the code is sent to the brain for aroma recognition. Our aim is to...
- Convert signals to proper logic levels. // EDN Europe;Mar2009, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p30
The article offers information on how to convert signals to proper logic levels in the electronic industries in Europe. A signal conditioner needs to have high input impedance since a voltage divider can influence the device under test. The output signals of a signal conditioner must match the...
- Seven Steps to Amp Sim Goodness. Anderton, Craig // Guitar Player;Feb2013, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p130
The article focuses on the seven steps for guitar amplifier (amp) simulations (sim) including one on audio interface or amp-sim input, one on transient control, and concerning high-impedance input.
- Positive feedback terminates cables. Steele, Jerry // Electronic Design;3/6/95, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p91
Asserts that positive feedback along with a series of output resistor can provide a controlled output impedance from an op-amp circuit with lower losses than with the use of actual resistor. Adaptation of the Improved Howland Current Pump circuit design; Effect on circuit gain; Toleration of...
- SHAKING HANDS. Nelson, Todd // EDN;9/18/2003, Vol. 48 Issue 20, p74
Characterizes the signature-impedance of powered devices (PD). Description of a valid PD signature; Detection of PD using power-source-equipment; Process by which a PSE manages power to the PD; Voltage offset of PD signature impedance.