- Treat DUT-to-tester links like transmission lines. Kelley, Tom // Test & Measurement World;Mar98, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p51
Discusses strategies on how to overcome the impedance-matching problems in ATE systems. Basic characteristics of transmission lines; Steps on how to circumvent distortion problems; Addition of a resistor to series circuit; Parallel termination circuits; Role of programmable diode clamps.
- Near field or far field? Capps, Charles // EDN;8/16/2001, Vol. 46 Issue 18, p95
Focuses on the far field of an antenna system. Definition of far field and near field systems; Criteria for defining the boundary between far field and near fields; Existence of wave impedance in the system.
- A low-noise wide-band transimpedance amplifier for current noise spectra measurements. De Geronimo, G.; Bertuccio, G.; Longoni, A. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jul96, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p2643
Presents a low-noise wide-band transimpedance amplifier designed to measure the spectral noise densities of currents in submicroamplere range. Design of the feedback transimpedance amplifier; Description of the design criteria and experimental tests.
- Modeling a voltage-locked Josephson junction array amplifier: Gain, input impedance, and bandwidth. McDonald, D. G. // Journal of Applied Physics;11/1/1986, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p3247
Presents a model of a voltage-locked Josephson junction array amplifier. Determination of the effective circuit; Model for input impedance and available power gain of the amplifier; Results using the slowly varying amplitudes method.
- Active voltage biasing of very low impedance devices. Dolabdjian, C.; Robbes, D.; Lesquey, E.; Monfort, Y. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Mar93, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p821
This note presents an active electronic circuit which controls the voltage applied to a device under test of very low input impedance. Performances and applications of this circuit are given in the superconducting field.
- Quantitative impedance measurements for eddy current model validation. Khan, T. A.; Nakagawa, N. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2000, Vol. 509 Issue 1, p441
This paper reports on a series of laboratory-based impedance measurement data, collected by the use of a quantitatively accurate, mechanically controlled measurement station. The purpose of the measurement is to validate a BEM-based eddy current model against experiment. We have therefore...
- Convert signals to proper logic levels. // EDN Europe;Mar2009, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p30
The article offers information on how to convert signals to proper logic levels in the electronic industries in Europe. A signal conditioner needs to have high input impedance since a voltage divider can influence the device under test. The output signals of a signal conditioner must match the...
- Simulated behavior of the magnetically insulated oscillator. Marder, B. M. // Journal of Applied Physics;2/1/1989, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p1338
Presents a study which investigated the behavior of magnetically insulated oscillator (MILO). Illustration of MILO operation; Properties of MILO; Examination of the dependence of MILO on applied voltage, load impedance and the region of electron emission.
- Smell Nanobiosensors: Hybrid systems based on the electrical response to odorant capture Theory And Experiment. Alfinito, Eleonora; Pennetta, Cecilia; Reggiani, Lino // AIP Conference Proceedings;May2009, Vol. 1137 Issue 1, p115
Mammalian olfactory system is the bio-archetype of smell sensor devices. It is based on a very articulated mechanism which translate the odorant capture information performed by the olfactory receptors (ORs) into a code. Finally, the code is sent to the brain for aroma recognition. Our aim is to...