Operational Improvements: How to Build Cars More Effectively (Part 2)
- Mapping and Traceability Minimize Recall Costs. Huntley, Dave // Advanced Packaging;Jun2003, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p17
Reports on developments in standards for test assembly and packaging. Manufacturing industry's pressing need for open systems standards for traceability; Determination of the cause of the defect and subsequent course of action; Flow of material through the equipment.
- INFLUENCE OF MICROMINIATURIZATION ON STANDARDS APPLICATION. Casenove, Henri P. // Industrial Management;Feb74, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the influence of microminiaturization on standards application. Effects of the fabrication of microminiature assemblies in the electronics industry; Initial planning for preparation of standard data; Difference between electronic and microelectronic assembly.
- ASSEMBLY LINE BALANCE. Enrick, Norbert Lloyd // Industrial Management;Jun74, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p7
Focuses on the layout, prescribes operating methods and time allowances established for assembly-line stations. Consideration of assembly line as a system; Problems encountered in the application of good system principles; Impact of improper assembly line balancing on waste of labor.
- Fontaine offers LWB slide bracket assembly. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;1/30/2013, p2
The article previews the LWB lightweight slide bracket assembly of Fountaine Fifth Wheel.
- History Buff. // Weekly Reader News - Senior;11/15/2002, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p6
Describes the man whose company developed the Model T car. Background on the Model T car; Information on the assembly-line method of production.
- MAN Turkey Improves the Performance of Its Assembly Line by Managing In-House Parts. Denton, Brian T.; Alp, Osman; Erkoy, Kartal; Kara, Bahar Yetis; Sabuncuoglu, Ihsan // Interfaces;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p353
An abstract of the article "MAN Turkey Improves the Performance of Its Assembly Line by Managing In-House Parts," by Brian T. Denton.
- RESEARCH REPORTS. Daskin, Mark S. // IIE Solutions;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p46
Evaluates problems related to the design and operation of assembly lines. Location and sizing of connections to facilitate material flow between departments; Efficient allocation of parallel workstations; Formulation of line configuration with parallel stations. INSET: ABOUT IIE Transactions.
- Software guides assembly line designers. Gustavson, Richard // Machine Design;10/09/97, Vol. 69 Issue 19, p87
Presents information on the utilization of design-for-assembly (DFA) computer software on assembly lines to maximize production and save money. Example of an auto supplier who used DFA; Goals of an assembly line; Information on how to design an assembly system; Differentiation between...
- Drive system reduces assembly line downtime. // Machine Design;09/23/99, Vol. 71 Issue 18, p312
Discusses the application of fastener systems in reducing assembly line downtime in manufacturing operations. Features of the Torx Plus driving system; Comparison of the Torx Plus with other driving systems.