Negotiating for High Tech
- THE ART OF THE DEAL. Whitinger, David; R. G. // CIO Insight;Oct2005, Issue 58, p43
Presents an interview with David Whitinger, director of consulting for International Computer Negotiations Inc., about his experience in forming partnerships with vendors. Insights into the legitimacy of vendor partnership in cutting cost of custom software development; Recommendations given to...
- Art of the deal. Smith, Laura B. // PC Week;7/17/95, Vol. 12 Issue 28, pE/3
Reports on International Computer Negotiations Inc.'s offering of onsite seminars and consulting regarding outsourcing, software development and client server computing, among others.
- Buying universe grows. Welch, Mary // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Sep95, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p3
Reports that the universe of people who influence business purchases of high-tech equipment has grown to million, according to a study by the IntelliQuest Inc. Percentage growth; Other findings; Reaction by media planners on the study.
- Where to shop. // Fortune;Winter98 Special Issue Buying Guide, Vol. 137 Issue 1, p27
Explains various options to consider when buying a computer and other high-technology products. Competition in computer business; Benefits and drawbacks of retail purchasing and use of direct vendors; Technical support; Shopping by modem; Leasing a computer; Computer repair service.
- Netting big-ticket sales on the Web. Neil, Stephanie // PC Week;08/17/98, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p69
Reports that major technology vendors are developing complex electronic storefronts in 1998 to sell custom-configured technology products like relational databases and symmetrical multiprocessing servers. How these storefronts will be different from traditional electronic commerce sites; The...
- Stealing U.S. technology with strategic applications still a top priority for Beijing. // Geo-Strategy Direct;10/24/2007, p17
The article addresses the illicit procurement of U.S. high-technology. According to Kenneth Wainstein, assistant attorney general for national security, China is a major state involved in the illicit procurement of U.S. high-technology. He said Iran's collection is focused on obtaining parts for...
- ICN LAUNCHES ICNCORNERSTORE.COM CLOSE TO 32ND ANNIVERSARY. // Online Product News;May2007, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the website launched by International Computer Negotiations Inc. (ICN). ICN has launched www. icncornerstore.com, a global electronic commerce site dedicated to providing information technology sourcing professionals with up-to-date tools, information products and...
- 4 Tips for Evaluating New Technologies. B. V. // CIO Insight;Dec2009, Issue 110, p40
The article offers tips for the evaluation of new technologies by information technology (IT) executives in the U.S. It notes the adoption of an evaluation process that aid chief information officers (CIOs) decide on technologies that help the business positively. It suggests a thorough...
- Why Tech Skepticism Works. Bonfante, Larry // CIO Insight;Dec2009, Issue 110, p41
The article offers the author's insights on the purchase for new technologies. He notes his method in evaluating technologies through scrutinizing their worth to the job and value to the organization. He presented several questions that he asked himself when evaluating new technologies including...