Brazil '98: Six Days, Seven Suppliers
- Getting WDs to know their service customers better. Wirebach, John // Automotive Marketing;Jun95, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on the two-day session on automotive warehouse distributors (WD) at the Automotive Warehouse Distributors Association's 1995 University session. Need for WDs to reassess their customer base; Importance of learning how to deal with the installer; Weaknesses of group programs.
- Suppliers to focus on Internet aftermarket. Kisiel, Ralph // Automotive News Europe;10/23/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 22, p15
Focuses on the shift of the S7 automobile suppliers group's focus in Internet research from the original-equipment market to the aftermarket. List of the S7 members; Significance of the group's move.
- VW deals help European Tier 1s in Asia. Chew, Edmund // Automotive News Europe;4/7/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the move made by automobile manufacturer Volkswagen to help European suppliers increase their sales in Asia, as of April 2003. Key factor of European suppliers; Market condition in China, Korea and Japan.
- European investment in Asia soars. Chew, Edmund // Automotive News Europe;4/7/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the joint ventures formed by various European automobile suppliers in Asia, as of April 2003. Autoliv; Benteler; Faurecia; GKN.
- supply line. // Automotive News Europe;4/7/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p28
Presents news briefs on the automobile supplies industry in Europe as of April 7, 2003. Plan of Valeo to build a lighting plant in Chrzanow, Poland; Selection by Bayerische Motoren Werke of Perceptron to supply its Autogauge robot-based measurement system.
- NAPA for 1993: The winning spirit. // Automotive Marketing;Jan1993, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p11
Features the National Automotive Parts Association (NAPA). Challenges to those in the automobile aftermarket service; Comments of NAPA President Bob McKenna; Changes in the way parts get from the manufacturer to the end-user; NAPA's commitment to have the best coverage, best quality products at...
- AutoCare for 1993. // Automotive Marketing;Jan1993, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p15
Reports on the National Automobile Parts Association's (NAPA) expansion of its 1993 AutoCare program. Enhancement of competitiveness of independent automotive professionals; Number of AutoCare Centers nationwide; Amount of business generated.
- Untitled. // Automotive Marketing;Jan1993, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p30
Presents information on programs carried out by different automobile parts suppliers. Champion Spark Plug's Service Dealer Alliance Program; Cardone Industries' Core Link, a comprehensive core handling and return program; Littelfuse Automotive Market Group's jobber promotion called the...
- What's new in the aftermarket in 1993? Look for more market consolidation. // Automotive Marketing;Feb1993, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p31
Features the changes in the automobile aftermarket industry. First consolidated trade show of the automobile aftermarket; Cooper Industries' consolidation; Federal Mogul/TRW partnership; Difficulty in selling a very short line of products; Changes in aftermarket corporate policy.
- Winter melts away to: Spring & summer selling guide. Davis, Steve; Katcher, Phil // Automotive Marketing;Feb1993, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p39
Discusses the prospects for the automobile aftermarket in the 1993 spring/summer season. Growth in car sales in December 1992; Rise in sale of security devices due to the Anti-Car Theft Act of 1992; Average age of cars indicating a demand for domestic aerosol touch-up paints. INSETS: Brakes...