Building the Hatchback for the Mercedes A-Class
- Going, Going,Graz. Martin, Norman // Automotive Industries;Oct99, Vol. 179 Issue 10, p67
Looks at how Mercedes M-Class and Jeep Grand Cherokee automobiles are produced in the same plant in Graz, Austria. Reason of DaimlerChyrsler AG for producing the automobile models at the same plant; Information on the production plan of the company.
- Digital engineering saved weeks for Mercedes-Benz. Meiners, Jens // Automotive News Europe;10/17/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p12
Reports on the use of digital planning equipment in the development and assembly process of the S class automobile of Mercedes-Benz. Benefits of the computer-aided design technology to the manufacturing of the vehicle; Capacity of the company's assembly plant in Sindelfingen, Germany; Details...
- Mapping and Traceability Minimize Recall Costs. Huntley, Dave // Advanced Packaging;Jun2003, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p17
Reports on developments in standards for test assembly and packaging. Manufacturing industry's pressing need for open systems standards for traceability; Determination of the cause of the defect and subsequent course of action; Flow of material through the equipment.
- INFLUENCE OF MICROMINIATURIZATION ON STANDARDS APPLICATION. Casenove, Henri P. // Industrial Management;Feb74, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the influence of microminiaturization on standards application. Effects of the fabrication of microminiature assemblies in the electronics industry; Initial planning for preparation of standard data; Difference between electronic and microelectronic assembly.
- ASSEMBLY LINE BALANCE. Enrick, Norbert Lloyd // Industrial Management;Jun74, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p7
Focuses on the layout, prescribes operating methods and time allowances established for assembly-line stations. Consideration of assembly line as a system; Problems encountered in the application of good system principles; Impact of improper assembly line balancing on waste of labor.
- Operational Improvements: How to Build Cars More Effectively (Part 2). Mercer, Glenn // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Sep98, Vol. 110 Issue 9, p64
Part II. Offers a look at various departments of an assembly plant, highlighting several recommendations regarding how operations can be improved. Details on the press shop which is described as a critical part of the modern car plant; How most drivers of press shops productivity are...
- Fontaine offers LWB slide bracket assembly. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;1/30/2013, p2
The article previews the LWB lightweight slide bracket assembly of Fountaine Fifth Wheel.
- History Buff. // Weekly Reader News - Senior;11/15/2002, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p6
Describes the man whose company developed the Model T car. Background on the Model T car; Information on the assembly-line method of production.
- MAN Turkey Improves the Performance of Its Assembly Line by Managing In-House Parts. Denton, Brian T.; Alp, Osman; Erkoy, Kartal; Kara, Bahar Yetis; Sabuncuoglu, Ihsan // Interfaces;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p353
An abstract of the article "MAN Turkey Improves the Performance of Its Assembly Line by Managing In-House Parts," by Brian T. Denton.