Things to Know About Cam Grinding
- Electronics may be poised to displace engine cams. Schweber, Bill // EDN;01/18/2001, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p44
Reports the possibility of displacing engine cams with compatible electronics. Limitations of the cam-based system; Methods in electronically moving of a valve; Replacement of mechanical valve train with a processor-based system. INSET: CAMS SET THE PACE FOR VALVES.
- ROAD KING UPGRADE ERIES. Greenblatt, Tyler // American Iron Magazine;Apr2014 Motorcycle Bagger Supplement, p70
The article offers step-by-step instructions for increasing the power output of a 1988 Twin Cam motorcycle, using Andrews gear-driven 37G .510"-lift camshafts for 1999-2006 Twin Cams.
- TECHNICALLY TORQUING. Lake, Barry // Motor;Sep2001, p122
Provides information on Porsche's VarioCam Plus, a variable valve timing system fitted to the 911 Turbo automobile. Retention of the overall advance and retard of the inlet camshaft; Description of the camshaft; Computer programming of the engine's settings.
- STAGE WRITE. Kotmel, Bob // Street Machine;Feb2003, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p154
Provides tips on buying an automobile cam. Types of cams; Degree specification of cams; Rules to follow in the selection of cams.
- TRP introduces trailer camshafts and bushing kits. // Fleet Owner Blog;5/28/2013, p2
The article previews the trailer camshafts and bushing kits from TRP.
- Computerized gaging checks camshaft dimensions. Mraz, Stephen // Machine Design;09/11/97, Vol. 69 Issue 17, p69
Looks at the design techniques at the Precision Components Division of Torrington Company in the production of camshafts. Effect of unbalanced levels of metal in the camshaft on the integrity of the product; Views of Rob Meaderm, general foreman for camshafts.
- PORSCHE VARIOCAM PLUS. McCarthy, Mike // Wheels;Mar2003, p135
Presents information on the VarioCam Plus camshaft from Porsche. Application of variability to the intake system; Link of the drive sprocket to the camshaft; Information on how Porsche changes valve lift to complement variable timing.
- DON'T PUT CAM SCREWS AT STAKE! // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jan2012, Issue 710, p7
The article focuses on the significance of making sure that the cams of a military vehicle are properly installed.
- Composite camshaft geared for mass production. Chamberlain, Gary // Design News;8/2/93, Vol. 49 Issue 15, p30
Reports on the development and use of Torrington Co.'s automotive composite camshaft made under high-volume process. Torrington's goals for the camshaft; Drawbacks of mass-produced camshafts made of castings of bar stock; Research process; Materials chosen; Patented camshaft design and...
- Canny camshaft saves on fuel. // New Scientist;10/19/91, Vol. 132 Issue 1791, p24
Reports that South Carolina-based Clemson University's has patented a camshaft system for automobiles which they claim can improve fuel efficiency. Diagram of the camshaft; Possibility of retrofitting the camshaft to any conventional petrol engine; Variable valve actuation; Components of the...