One Way to Handle Pressure
- Stressbusters! Reid-Dove, A.; Edelman, R. // Black Enterprise;Jul88, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p59
Tells what to do when you're feeling tense from the daily grind--exercise, leave business at the office, start a hobby, get a massage. INSET: Working it out..
- Stress in the workplace. Evans, T. // Black Enterprise;Sep90, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p77
Offers advice on how to measure and manage stress. Impact of stress; How it affects the body; Workplace stress faced by blacks; How employers help workers deal with stress; Practical suggestions for coping with stress.
- Face stress: Use it, lose it, live with it. Stanwood, L. // Current Health 2;Oct88, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p3
Discusses stress. Defines stress; Where does stress come from; Reaction to stress; Recognizing stress; Exercise; Handling stress. INSET: Hi gh stressors.;Good stress/bad stress; Major sources of stress.
- Reacting to stress--the wrong way. Johnson, R.T.; Boring, M.D. // Current Health 2;Oct88, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p16
Discusses inappropriate reactions to stress, and the right ways to deal with stress. Reckless driving; Drugs; Relationships.
- Handling stress. // Current Health 2;Oct92, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p7
Offers advice on handling stress. Discusses stress management techniques such as biofeedback, meditation, visualization, modification of lifestyle, exercise, laughter and a positive attitude. How stress impacts the body, particularly the immune system; Psychoneuroimmunology; Benefits of...
- What stresses you? // Current Health 2;Oct92, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p9
Discusses the things that stress out young people. Recent Gallup Survey results; Recent `Seventeen' magazine survey; Dr. Bettie B. Young's book `Stress in Children'; Life Stress Inventory of the top stressors of young people, developed by Drs. Thomas Holmes and Richard Rahe; Teens' concern...
- Write all about it! // Current Health 1;May91, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p17
Reports that writing about stress can help relieve it according to a study at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Tex.
- The relationship between a counselor's ethical orientation... May, Kathleen M.; Sowa, Claudia J. // Counseling & Values;Jan1992, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p150
Discusses the relationship between a counselor's ethical orientation and the stress experienced in these dilemmas. Definition of stress; Information on studies conducted in an attempt to identify the sources of stress; Number of counselors selected for the study; How the information collected...
- The angry heart. Villarosa, L. // Essence (Essence);Apr90, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p26
Discusses the ways in which hostile responses or internal rages can harm health, and suggests ways to react to stressful situations calmly and positively. Research on anger and aggression; Central nervous system response.
- Managing stress. Carni, Ellen I. // Forum (10566937);May96, Issue 168, p23
Presents tips on how to cope with stress. Includes change of mental framework; Mental visualization of surmounting a pressured situation; Time to set most difficult work; Breaks; Exercise; `Letting off steam'; Balancing one's life.