Stamp Vignette on Medical Science
- Nobel laureate celebrates her centenary. // Nature;4/30/2009, Vol. 458 Issue 7242, p1090
The article reports the centenary of Italian neuroscientist and Nobel laureate Rita Levi-Montalcini. Two financial awards were announced at the celebration, one given to the research institute that she founded and one to establish a programme in her name that will allow 30 scientists working...
- Neuroscience: One hundred years of Rita. Abbott, Alison // Nature;4/2/2009, Vol. 458 Issue 7238, p564
The article discusses the life and career of scientist Rita Levi-Montalcini who is turning 100 years old on April 22, 2009. Montalcini, who is a senator for life in the Italian Senate, will be the first Nobel laureate to have reached 100 years of age. Topics include a biography of her life from...
- Nobel laureate rejects drug company charges. Abbott, Alison // Nature;2/24/1994, Vol. 367 Issue 6465, p672
Reports on allegations that Italian pharmaceutical company Fidia bought the 1986 Nobel prize for medicine for neuroscientist Rita Levi-Montalcini. Bribery of scientists to support the nomination; Receipt of moral support from government officials and scientists over the issue.
- Nobel corruption claims are `totally without substance'. Abbott, Allison // Nature;9/14/1995, Vol. 377 Issue 6545, p92
Clarifies the issue of corruption in the selection of Italian neuroscientist Rita Levi-Montalcini as 1986 Nobel prize winner for physiology or medicine. Accusations against Tomas Hokfelt by the `Dagens Nyheter'; Hokfelt's reaction; Chairman of the Nobel prize committee Sten Grillner's view on...
- Rita Levi Montalcini and research. Ottria, Liliana // ORAL & Implantology;Oct-Dec2012, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p75
The article presents the author's views on scientific research done by neurologist Rita Levi Montalcini related to various issues including nerve growth factor (NGF), nature and role of NGF in the immune system. It further mentions that Montalcini has been awarded by the Nobel prize in 1986 at...
- Nobel Prize winner dies at 103. // Jewish Advocate;1/4/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 1, p2
An obituary for Italian-Jewish Nobel Prize winner in Medicine Rita Levi-Montalcini is presented.
- Breathing Space. // Prevention;Dec2015, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p79
No abstract available.
- In Praise of Imperfection (Book). Geraldine, Pnina // American Scientist;Jul/Aug89, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p408
Reviews the non-fiction book 'In Praise of Imperfection: My Life and Work,' by Rita Levi-Montalcini, translated by Luigi Attardi.
- Rita Levi-Montalcini (1909-2012). Bradshaw, Ralph A. // Nature;1/17/2013, Vol. 493 Issue 7432, p306
An obituary for neurobiologist Rita Levi-Montalcini is presented.