- The Holonic Perspective in Management and Manufacturing. Mella, Piero // International Management Review;Dec2009, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p19
The notions of holon and holarchy (the hierarchical ordering of holons)--formally introduced in 1967 with the publication of Arthur Koestler's The Ghost in the Machine--are more and more frequently found in the literature of management science, organizational studies, business administration,...
- Here's How Managers Can Be Replaced by Software. Fidler, Devin // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;4/21/2015, p2
In the article, the author discusses issues in business management, particularly on whether high-level management can be automated or be replaced by software, citing their study on the successful use of the iCEO virtual management system in completing a project.
- Teams expand into cyberspace. Hagen, Mark r. // Quality Progress;Jun99, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p90
Discusses the aspect of team concept called virtual teams. Development of software designed to help teams communicate in cyberspace; Definition of virtual team; Uniqueness of the benefits of virtual; team to an enterprise; Preparations needed to launch a virtual team; Communication problem...
- Matchmaking. Brice, Stacy // OfficePro;May2000, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p2
Presents factors to be considered in the management of customer services in a virtual reality environment. Questions to be asked to determine the background of clients.
- The book of virtuals. Pape, William R. // Inc.;1997 Inc. Technology 4, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p26
Presents an interview with authors Jessica Lipnack and Jeffrey Stamps. Their thoughts on virtual teams.
- CMP study: IT to shift focus to software rollouts, virtualization. Schwartz, Matthew // B to B;12/10/2007, Vol. 92 Issue 17, p3
The article reports on a study which says that the focus of information technology (IT) decision-makers will gradually shift to software rollouts and virtualization, among other areas, from the current challenges of security, business continuity and compliance. The study was based on Web...
- Professor, Course Offer Insight on Virtual Worlds. // BizEd;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p58
The article presents an interview with John Artz, associate professor of information systems and technology management at The George Washington University School of Business in Washington D.C. When asked about the kinds of virtual businesses that students will study in the Web-based course, he...
- Virtual reality: the IT perspective. Leston, Jean // Computer Bulletin;May1996, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p12
There is an old Chinese proverb which says: ï¿½I hear, I forget; I see, I remember; I experience, I understandï¿½. Virtual reality (VR) is rapidly growing in importance for business use. No longer relegated to the research lab, VR has the unique ability to give users the sensation and...
- X1 DISCOVERY. // KM World;Mar2013, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p25
The article focuses on the future and struggle of enterprise search solutions to integrate virtualization in 2013.