Survey shows early retirement is still the ideal
- GET YOUR EXIT STAGE RIGHT. Vickerstaff, Sarah // People Management;8/12/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p21
Discusses the impact of employers' policies and practice on the process of retirement in Great Britain. Overview of a study on the retirement process carried out for the Joseph Rowntree Foundation; Factors that affect the management of retirement and pensions; Effect of early retirement for...
- Applying behavioral communication to retirement planning. Sheridan, Ian // Employee Benefit News;Aug2006, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p18
Discusses the use of behavioral communication to improve employees' attitudes toward retirement planning. Reasons for the decline in pension plans; Influence of pension plan design on the behavior of employees; Elements of behavioral communication strategies.
- Addressing management issues. Frings, Christopher S. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Apr2007, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p46
The article presents questions and answers concerning personnel management. One person asks on how to cope with the declining number of laboratory technicians who will be retiring from their job. Another inquires on how to deal with chronically depressed employee which refuses to seek help and...
- How to... communicate pensions to employees. Jones, Anne // People Management;1/13/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p42
Presents tips on communicating pensions to employees. Importance of understanding the attitude of employees before the communication; Factors that could increase the knowledge of employees about pension schemes; Background on the use of the Internet in the distribution of pension-related...
- Motivation Key to Better Saving Behaviors. // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p137
The article reports that a survey by Prudential of 690 employees between the ages of 21 and 64 who are eligible for their employer-sponsored retirement plan found that 88 percent believe in the necessity of contributing to retirement savings. According to the author, Prudential's research paper...
- Dealing with the Challenges of a Workforce on the Edge. Halcrow, Allan // Workforce (10928332);Jun99, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p8
Reflects on the story of a worker who arrived at work, bleeding from stabbed wound in the throat. Implications of the incident to United States society in general; Relevance to the issue of strategic problem solving; Its effects on human resource management.
- What to do when employees resist change. Iskat, Gregory J. // Supervision;Aug96, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p3
Presents tips to employers on how to manage employees who resist change. Providing the rationale for change; Clear communications; Explain the benefits; Obtain participative output.
- I'd fire Dilbert. Titus, Jon // Test & Measurement World;Jul98, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p9
Editorial. Looks at the reason for firing an employee who always looks at the cynical and negative side of everything. Description of employee's attitudes towards his boss and work.
- Who's worried about corporate reps? // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Oct2002, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p18
Reports on findings of the Corporate Credibility and Employee Communication Survey of issues that affect employee attitudes. Percentage of respondents who worry about their jobs; Concern about physical security at work; Link between a company's reputation and its employees' job performance.