Good Management can help build a good society
- Professional standards research: the psychological contract. Atkinson, Carol // People Management;7/24/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 15, p43
Discusses the changes in the employment relationship in Great Britain. Research approaches for the psychological contract; Factors that influenced perception on the psychological contract; Role of human resource practices in the creation and maintenance of the psychological contract.
- We model what we see. Anderson, Lydia E. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/12/2000, Issue 322628, p10
Discusses ways to improve human relations and communication in the workplace. Instilling in employees and managers positive characteristics that reinforce the company's mission; Encouragement of mutual respect and responsibility; Recognition of the importance of non-verbal communication;...
- management tips. Pollock, Ted // Supervision;Oct2003, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p17
Presents several management tips. Advice on improving relationship with the boss; Possibilities for an employee to have solitude; Recommendations in improving the morale of employees.
- How to...become an employer of choice. Beckett-Hughes, Melinda // People Management;8/28/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p40
Presents tips on how to become an employer of choice. Purpose of creating a harmonious employee-employer relationship; Benefits of assessing employees' interests and attitudes; Offerings and opportunities that employees find attractive.
- The Interactive Effects of Emotional Family Support and Perceived Supervisor Loyalty on the Psychological Contract Breach -- Turnover Relationship. Stonel, Jason S.; Gallagher, Vickie Coleman; Stoner, Charles R. // Journal of Managerial Issues;Summer2011, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p124
Individuals frequently experience psychological contract breaches in today's workplace. Psychological contract breaches often lead to a range of negative outcomes such as increases in intention to leave one's job. This paper investigates moderating factors that may help minimize the increases in...
- Reappraising Psychological Contracting. Sparrow, Paul R. // International Studies of Management & Organization;Spring98, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p30
The article discusses the role of human-resource management in defining and maintaining employees' psychological contracts in the United States and Great Britain. The psychological contract is defined as the set of expectations held by the individual employee that specifies what the individual...
- INTELLIGENT TEAMS. Richards, Brett // Journal for Quality & Participation;Fall2003, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p20
Presents information on how to turn smart team members into effective collaborators. Team dynamics; Two drivers of collaboration; List of the six mind frames; Significance of having an intelligent team.
- Beyond Success: Achieving Synergy in Teamwork. Lawford, G. Ross // Journal for Quality & Participation;Fall2003, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p23
Presents information on establishing the synergy necessary to move beyond the team members' capabilities to attain the performance associated with teamwork. Connotation of the word team; Definition of synergy; Recommended approaches in developing effective teams; Techniques to sustain an...
- 'We have to let you go...'. Warner, Matt // Accountancy;Aug2001, Vol. 128 Issue 1296, p46
This article offers managing tips for dealing with redundancy and dismissal. Businesses use a variety of terms to explain the need for redundancies. The company may be downsizing, restructuring, or moving in a new direction. Closures, contraction of business or merger activity may be the cause....